Reporting Unlicensed Pilots

If you don't report them
& they take $$ from you,
how much $$ do they
need to take from you before
you regret not reporting them?
$500? $2000 $5000? $10000?

Reactions: BigAl07
DO NOT REPORT> Every report goes down as a drone 'incident' .... Those incidents are used as 'data' when any organization wants to negatively present drones as unsafe or nuisances. You actually make it worse for all of us any time you report a drone or company doing what they are no allowed to do. Example... You see a drone flying over a crowd, you report the incident to the FAA. The local or national news does a story about drones, they use your report as an example of unsafe practices, never in the report the news does, will they say, oh by the way a good drone operator turned in a bad one. Another example, the local town wants to close the local park to drones. They site in their report to the city council your report and other like it that speak to all the illegal drone activity in your town. Again, no one stands and says that it was a good drone operator turning in a bad one. Nope the story is that drones are just bad. Let them live and die on their own sword. When they crash into something or someone and get sued out of business then you win. Also just offer better service and services.

Am I wrong to think a company operating their business, providing drone services without a 107, should be reported?

Company near me does drone work, their website says "Provides registered drone services".. misleading to the average person, but obvious to a 107 pilot, they are full of it.

Looked up all their operators on the FAA database, none are on there... they cornered the market by offering their service for almost nothing, because its packaged into their other service.

Would you guys report?
Are they invading your privacy, making too much noise in your vicinity, putting your safety at risk or endangering others/and or property ???????????????
Are you an authorized and duly appointed police officer ???

Jerry

Am I wrong to think a company operating their business, providing drone services without a 107, should be reported?

Company near me does drone work, their website says "Provides registered drone services".. misleading to the average person, but obvious to a 107 pilot, they are full of it.

Looked up all their operators on the FAA database, none are on there... they cornered the market by offering their service for almost nothing, because its packaged into their other service.

Would you guys report?
Sounds like you are slightly butt-hurt. Is it any of your business what another is doing? Is it affecting you in some manner?

• Angry
Reactions: Basspig and BigAl07
Sounds like you are slightly butt-hurt. Is it any of your business what another is doing? Is it affecting you in some manner?

It's hurting every single one of us in this industry. It's diluting any possible credibility we may have and it's a safety issue. If they haven't taken and passed their Part 107 test we have no way to know they've ever been exposed to and understand the rule framework we have to live and work by.

Being a responsible industry member and reporting violations (as the FAA expects us to) is nothing near being "butt hurt".

Reactions: MTO and Shoot4fun
I just read this and shook my head in disbelief.
I could probably apply your logic to a thousand other life scenarios, from witnessing drunk drivers, to shoplifters, where I may not be affected, or it may not be any of "my business", but I'll just leave this here.

I ignore a lot but if a business doing something like that, and blatantly advertising they are licensed pilots, then report and as mentioned let the FAA sort it out. We cannot let others undermine this hobby or for those in a trade.

Reactions: BigAl07

Would you guys report?
Go to them and ask to see before you go and tear it all up. Last I knew innocent til proven guilty. So sick of the games, work together so the FAA don’t have to do it for us.

Sorry if I came off harsh. I did a rookie mistake doing a poi by hand and looked away. Now got to repair p4a then went to surgery today. So in and out. Lol.

Naaa. Isn't up to you. If the guy advertises he is registered, all a potential client needs to do is to say "show me your certification". BAM! Done deal. Not up to alot of butt hurt people who 'THINK' they are right, causing trouble that likely doesn't need started. Point is, man up and go find out if the guy is certified or not.

Don't give me this "it hurts all our credibility" bs...it doesn't. The client gets what he wants at a price he is willing to pay. It is the clients responsibility to ask questions. Not a competitor who is butt hurt that the other guy is getting the work when his is obviously priced too high. If everyone would worry more about themselves and what they are doing, instead of being a busy body getting into everyone elses business, the world would be a better place.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT