Replacing go pro fish eye lense???

Reaction score
Good afternoon gents.. I am in the process of needing to replace my go pro lense with a non fish eye.
I remember seeing some posts here about the perfect lense for the job.
I can do the work myself, but i need to find the right lense.
I want to make sure it removes fisheye, but doesnt affect the overall use of it as an action cam.
Anyone recommend something please??
thanks folks

I purchased mine from www.peauproductions.com it cost $140 and the 5.4mm lens it comes with a rubber locking ring. Now there are other aftermarket companies out there selling the same lens for less but do not supply the rubber ring.
IMG_2537.jpg

A couple of points. The lens is a big improvement over the fisheye. It is great to be able to run it through GoProStudio and not have any props to clip and not have any fisheye. No warped horizon. Fab.

Be aware that it has a much narrower FOV and is more like shooting in GoPro narrow. It also has a x2 magnification. This alters the perspective enourmously if you are using it to do FPV exploration, or following tracks and paths. You cannot look ahead and down at the same time, and at 100m up, you are hundreds of meters behind where you think you might be if you are looking ahead, so following the twists and turns of a path or route is not easy. So a great improvement for photography, not so much for FPV.

If you are not in the US, watch out for a hefty customs tax. By the time I had paid shipping and tax, my lens was quite expensive.

Edit: As it was not really mentioned anywhere, I had a discussion with Peau Prods. about focussing. The sweet spot according to them is to set the lens to focus at about 10'. You will need to make sure your GoPro is plugged into a monitor in order to do this, so if you dont already have a HDMI cable which fits the GoPro you may wish to source one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.