REPLACEMENT PHANTOM 3

Reaction score
REPLACEMENT PHANTOM 3 ( standard)

My brand new ( had it three weeks ) Phantom 3 "standard" (yeah...we all know "refurbished" simply means it is excess stock - was very happy with the savings - so what if the box was marked 'refurbished'...! ) was viciously & brutally attacked by a sneaky tree when I was at a meeting just south of the Canadian border. As a side-note, the trees up by Priest Lake grow well over 100 ft high - mine was attacked at about the 70 ft level; once the blades got "fouled" it went straight down, smashed to pieces on concrete. ( I saved the battery and the camera's Mini Scan Disc - was not recording at the time of the attack).

So - what to do ? Got to have one......Well....I ordered another Phantom - due here tomorrow ( Wed. 5th).

Here's my question. When I first received the one that was so brutally attacked, I loaded the DJI program into both my cell phone and my I Pad. My Phantom 3 worked perfectly, doing everything it was supposed to.

So - now I have extra batteries, props, the hand-controller, and my I pad and cell phone already programed.

May I assume I need do NOTHING in the way of preperation with my replacement Phantom - just load a freshly charged battery in it, start it up with the programs that worked so well with its predecessor ?

Specifically, could the replacement know any different ? Wouldn't either controller work the same way ?

If you're going to use your old remote controller, you'll need to link it to your new Phantom like this:

If you're going to use your old remote controller, you'll need to link it to your new Phantom like this:]
=====
Thank you so much for trying to help ! I had no idea each controller is "paired" to the Phantom it comes with.

Thanks to your contribution, if the controller that comes with my "new" Phantom is NOT "paired", I will know how to set it up.

It did not occur to me to use or even save the controller for the Phantom that was so brutally attacked and killed by that vicious tree. So - what to do ? Anyone want it ? It isnt worth anything to me. And I personally dont let vicious trees or telephone poles or wires get near my controller. I have wound up with FOUR Phantom 3 batteries. Anyone want a Phantom 3 "standard" controller, and a brand spanking new battery for a Phantom 3 ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl