Replacement motor confusion

Aix

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out here.

I had a rough landing with my P2V+. And after that one engine kind of only partially worked.
It did spin but it made funny whirling sound and when I tried to take off, it didn’t pick up revs.
Drone just tipped over
So I decided it’s time to order new replacement motor.

I got myself a pair of motors that read 2312/960KV on side.
Like on this pic ( http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/z/OzkAAOSw0vBUdeey/$_12.JPG )

And, they won’t work on my drone. While other three motors are spinning happily, new one is just dead.

I did double check all the connections and even tried second replacement motor I got, but still nothing.

I'm I missing something? Before ordering I googeled that P2V+ V3.0 should have no problems with 2312/960KV. Do I need to get different motors? Or is it some software problem? Or ESC might be toast?

Model Nr. PV331
ESC has written “wm 301 bldc v2” on it.

Thank You

P2V+V3 uses the 2312/960KV motors.... sounds like the ESC is bad. Have you tried the new motor on a known working ESC? That will tell you right away either ESC or motor

I have found it always good practice... Change motor. Change to motor controler too. Easy $19 insurance. The ESC is the brain and that sure needs to be in top shape.

Yes, ESC is toast. Tried new motor with working one and it worked.
Going to shopping now :)

Thanks for the help !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic