Replacement compass connector

Reaction score
I've discovered what is wrong with my compass. The connector is broken. I thought about resoldering the two broken pins back on again, but it would probably be better to replace the whole connector. Does anybody know what they are called so I can look for a new one?
image.jpeg

I've discovered what is wrong with my compass. The connector is broken. I thought about resoldering the two broken pins back on again, but it would probably be better to replace the whole connector. Does anybody know what they are called so I can look for a new one?View attachment 104085
These (and other parts!) fall off of Standards with some regularity. Most people seem to find the connector either rattling around inside the shell or still attached to the compass wire. Others have had to replace the connector either themselves if they have the soldering skills or having someone do it for them.

As far as I know, this is the connector that people use:
BM05B-GHS-TBT(LF)(SN)(N) JST Sales America Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

I'm not sure if it will be worth it to ship to you in the UK, but perhaps you can source it locally.
There are folks here who have bought several at a time, so perhaps someone close to you with an extra will also chime in. Good luck!

Reactions: JoBe and Silverb19
These (and other parts!) fall off of Standards with some regularity. Most people seem to find the connector either rattling around inside the shell or still attached to the compass wire. Others have had to replace the connector either themselves if they have the soldering skills or having someone do it for them.

As far as I know, this is the connector that people use:
BM05B-GHS-TBT(LF)(SN)(N) JST Sales America Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

I'm not sure if it will be worth it to ship to you in the UK, but perhaps you can source it locally.
There are folks here who have bought several at a time, so perhaps someone close to you with an extra will also chime in. Good luck!

Thank you so much for this Oso. Very useful. Using the part number,, Ive been able to find a UK seller. About $5 for a pack of 5. I have been considering just soldering the wires on directly, if the connector is so bad at falling off.

Reactions: Oso
i have also seen here that the link button falls off of standards

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers