Replaced ribbon cable (Phantom 4 Pro), but now footage is glitchy/laggy/jump/choppy/not good...

Reaction score
Drone crashed and broke the ribbon cable and yaw arm.

I followed a very detailed tutorial and replaced both.

Did all updates and calibrations.

The drone flys fine now (green), but the video is really laggy/glitchy/jumpy/choppy.

The video problem appears equally in all 3 places (memory card, phone preview, phone video file).

I suspect that there is a loose connection somewhere, but before I tear it apart again I thought I'd ask here...

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!

Reactions: RodPad
Here's a screenshot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-06-17 at 2.24.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-17 at 2.24.20 PM.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 30
Welcome to the Forum!
No help yep?

I will bug some P4 members. :)👌.

Rod ..

Reactions: chris.janzen
But, you have to reply. :)

Rod ..

@chris.janzen

You got some good guys that have jumped in, where you at now?
Funny part is the PM that I sent to, hasn't replied to this.

There is no forums like these!!

Rod ..

Absolutely correct. Aftermarket ribbon cables are notorious for being poor copies of the original DJI part #36.
Hi. Is Part 36 for the Phantom 4 Pro? Everywhere that sells the part 36 state that it is for the Phantom 4 only. Do the 4 and 4 Pro use the same part? Thanks for all help provided.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240623_190555_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240623_190555_eBay.jpg
    493.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Capt KO and RodPad
No P4 and P4P ribbons not same

Package labeled DJI Parts & Components. Brand DJI
This company is known for DJI OEM parts
Hi. I tried this company for the ribbon cable and asked whether they are original parts and their response was that they are not. I've attached the response. Just something to keep in mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240629_083021_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240629_083021_eBay.jpg
    384.6 KB · Views: 8
Hi. I tried this company for the ribbon cable and asked whether they are original parts and their response was that they are not. I've attached the response. Just something to keep in mind.
If true, than it's false advertising. Mine always came as shown with DJI Parts on package label and Brand DJI in the listing. Anything else is not OEM.

If true, than it's false advertising. Mine always came as shown with DJI Parts on package label and Brand DJI in the listing. Anything else is not OEM.
I've noticed that with quite a few ads. The photo shows a DJI packaged part but when you go into the specs the manufacturers are non DJI and part specified as P4P compatible.
Guess we'll have to see how Chris' cable turns out. I hope it's a good one as I'm looking for one as well.

Reactions: RodPad and Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuboide