Replaced camera / New Mac ID and connection failure to Phantom

Reaction score
I all. The camera that came with the Phantom would not give me green light so I replaced it. The one slightly used but tested and solid green light. Seller gave me ticket with camera's Mac ID which I changed in the app.
The camera will take photo's with button and record video. Problem is I can not connect to phantom in the app. It shows the wifi on but fails to connect. Now this part. I changed the phantoms firmware to the lowest I could find since I have read lot of failures after updating. Is it possible that my problem is because the firmware is an older version ( I think it is 2 something, it's been a while since I changed it ) however my controller is the newest update. I am just fed up but I don't believe in ever quitting. I must win... Any one that can point me in the right direction or suggestions is appreciated. I just know there is a way, I just need to find it.. I am afraid to update but I know I need to..

I would update to the latest firmware not only with the Phantom but also the camera firmware via the sd card. Double check the connections to the gimbal and make sure they are tight. Did you try re binding the Wi-Fi after doing the camera change out?
The Wi-Fi address you need to use is the one from the Phantoms transmitter and not then one from the camera. The Wi-Fi extender talks to The Phantom wifi Tx unit. That address is on the bottom of the Phantom and on a sticker on top of the Wi-Fi TX under the shell. Don't know what MAC address he gave you comes from. Go back to the one you had.

Thanks, I was just concerned from reading so much about trouble with connections after updated software. I will do the updates very soon. Just searching for the time.

If RoyVa's suggestions don't improve your situation, another idea is to ask DJI customer assistance for help. They will need the serial number of both your craft and your camera and then they'll send you a QR code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20