Replace camera only

Reaction score
I replaced the entire camera and gimbal assembly after a crash. The camera functions, but is out of focus. I'm wondering if I can replace just the camera with the one in the crashed unit, because it looks okay?
There is a YouTube video showing how to manually focus the camera but it involves drilling two tiny holes in the lens mounting bracket which is a bit risky considering my shaky hands!
Any advice will be appreciated.

So I'll look to see if there is any video history on how to do that, failing that, I'll get my trusty screwdriver out and give it a shot.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Ok I misunderstood you. I just looked and can’t find a video on just
replacing the camera .is easy to replace the gimbal and camera .
It seems I’ve seen some threads way back on refocusing and will
look.

Yes, I've already replaced the whole camera-gimbal assembly and it works fine except for the focus. There is one good video on the refocusing which requires drilling two holes in the mounting ring.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Other videos show a camera with the lens mounted on a removable ring, but that is not the one I have.
I'm a bit hesitant to start drilling into the lens mount, maybe I'll practice on the old one first.
Thanks for being interested.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yes the head is replaceable as a single unit, i have a bag of spares, im in the UK, to remove is a bit fiddly but with some careful work its easy

Reactions: dirkclod
Wow, that's good to know, it sounds easier than drilling holes. Thanks

Take off the back and unclip the ribbon remove the ribbon U shaped guard (2 tiny screws) and unfold the ribbon, then you will see a grub screw, carefully remove it and pull the head off the shaft, some mount onto the flat side and some mount onto the rounded side, make a note of which as improper replacement will throw the head alignment

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers