P3A Post Crash video shakes (FIXED)

Reaction score
Recently I got too close to a tree my P3A hit the limbs, then the ground. One gimbel mount dampener pin broke. I replaced it. I powered up the P3A and noticed a slight horizon tilt so went into the menu to the camera settings and adjusted it. I took it out for a test flight and the video is shaky and jittery. I swapped out SD cards and the problem persists. Here is a short video showing the problem.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Should I replace all 4 dampeners? Is it something in the camera? Any help is appreciated.

Looking closer at the possible causes I noticed that the arm on the gimbal is rubbing on the mount. This is not good. It's probably what is causing problems. Need to research this and see if I can find a quick DIY fix.
Any advice?

I don’t know how close a P3a is to a P3s, but there is a screw on the shaft that can be loosened and the adjustment made.
I loosened the screw and retightened it after pulling the arm up a bit. It doesn't seem to be rubbing anymore. I replaced all 4 white gimbal cushions and the 2 pins. Did a gimbal re-calibration and tested it again. Here is the post repair test flight.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm not seeing the bad glitches as before.
Opinions? Advice?

I see both. Looks like you got it fixed! ?
It seems so. Once I get inside and saw the scraping I knew I had to get my screwdriver set and adjust that screw. While I had it on the desk I decided to replace all of the white cushions and the 2 pins. The post repair flights looked good except I didn't slip a ND filter on and, Boy of boy, is that south Louisiana sun bright today. It's a ND16 day for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers