Replace a drone under insurance coverage?

Reaction score
Hello all I was wondering if you could help me or if someone could help me.

I purchased a P3P and to make a long story short after flying it for several times at the same location my signal was lost and eventually so what's my drone; this was definitely not human error.

I contacted PayPal who contacted drone world on my behalf since Drone World refused to return my calls or emails. I gave PayPal several supporting documents flight logs and media to support my claim.

With that said, Drone Worlds drain response to PayPal was "he should've bought insurance".

I've been searching on the Internet for several insurance policy's that would replace a drone in a incident such as mine however, I have failed to locate one. Can anyone help me with this issue?

My wife bought me another P3P for Christmas and we are attempting to locate an insurance policy that would replace a drone should this happen again.

I don't think you will ever find an insurance plan that covers fly-aways, basically because you could just say it flew away so you could get a second one. (I'm not implying you would, but someone might.) The only insurance I know of is SquareTrade which is offered by Amazon in different time vs. dollars increments depending on the type of product. They offer accident protection for electronics and cameras (among other things) but I don't know which might cover drones -- so you might give them a call. Just keep in mind that in order to use SquareTrade it has to be for a product that was purchased through Amazon only. At least that was the way it was when I looked into it a couple of years ago. Here's a link if interested.

I did read in this forum that a member had his P2V+ camera successfully repaired using a SquareTrade camera protection plan for his Phantom that he had purchased through Amazon. But it was limited to just the camera.

Reactions: tobeallque
I live in Iowa. I just called my State Farm agent and I can get a "rider" to my homeowners, to cover my DJI P3P for $33 per year. Full coverage - it covers it for accidental damage, lost or theft.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub