Repairing "Older" Models

M

Melvoid

Just thought I'd pass on some info. I have a P3A that I purchased in Feb. of 2016. It's been fine until this year when I started having some camera issues. After only three flights in May, the camera seemed to start up fine, but within a few moments, it hung limp on the gimbal, and there was no control or picture feed (it flew just fine, only problem was camera). I contacted Dronefly who told me flat out that they're not fixing them anymore, too old, no parts, thank you, goodbye. So now I have a thousand-dollar paperweight?

So I looked around a bit and found a place in Plano, TX called Drone Repair Expert (dronerepairexpert.com). He not only correctly diagnosed the problem via email, he had it fixed and back to me in 2 weeks... with a holiday in the middle of said time period.

If you have an older model that needs attention, I'd recommend this place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know. Thanks.

I had the exact same problem happen to the P3S, that I just got. I was freaked out no picture and a limp camera after start up. With everything turned off, I was able to manually make the camera go through all of its moves, Restarted the P3 and everything works perfect now. Wish I could’ve told you this before your repair, to at least try. Glad you’re flying again good luck.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Melvoid, Would you mind sharing what the problem was and what the final bill came to with your Phantom? I have a P3 Advanced that has no camera function. I didn't pay a lot for it used. The cost of repair would greatly influence my decision on what to do next. I think there are quite a few of us out here with this issue so it's always nice to get some current information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94