Repair Corrupt Flight Record TXT File

Reaction score
While filming a property, I took the aircraft up for an overview of the entire site. I realized I had shot up to ~550 feet, and when I tried to come back down, it appeared to stay at that altitude. I was able to move around, but it would not descend!

After trying RTH a couple of times, I restarted the GO 4 app (on iPad 4 Mini), then the controller. At this point, I clued in that the dialog that was popping up when initiating RTH wasn't asking me to give the okay. It was asking me to Confirm Landing because the aircraft was at 1 foot altitude! But it is actually still over 500 feet up!

It turned out that it was descending, but almost perceptively slow from such a high altitude - and only 40% battery left. I held down the left stick, and watched the altitude slowly drop on the screen. I tried switching to Atti and Sport modes, but that just slowed the process down.

It took over 6 minutes to descend the ~550 feet. When the battery hit 10%, it suddenly started descending very fast! I was able to give it left stick up at the last moment to keep it from hitting the pavement, then goosed the stick to get to a safe landing.

Unfortunately the Flight Record .txt file from the first half of the flight is corrupt, probably from my killing the app to reboot it. So I don't know what happened to create this situation. The flight record from the second half shows the altitude as ~550 feet, even though the app kept telling me it was at 1 foot in the Confirm Landing dialog that popped up.

Is there a tool that can repair the corrupt flight record file?

The second half of flight:
DJI Phantom & Mavic Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

First half corrupt files:
Dropbox - P4P Flight Log Error

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164