Repair Adhesive P4A

Reaction score
I ordered a new Gimbal Pitch motor for my P4A and should have it Tuesday and hopedully back in the air later that day.

There are several shell cracks, non are around the motors. What adhesive would you use to patch/weld the shell to make it strong again. My thought is to use adhesive and maybe electrical tape then put a custom wrap/skin on it.

Thanks

I ordered a new Gimbal Pitch motor for my P4A and should have it Tuesday and hopedully back in the air later that day.

There are several shell cracks, non are around the motors. What adhesive would you use to patch/weld the shell to make it strong again. My thought is to use adhesive and maybe electrical tape then put a custom wrap/skin on it.

Thanks
To stop the cracks form moving further,drill a tiny hole at each end of the cracks. Doing this stops the cracks from moving .Then if the cracks are big,you might want to add some more plastic to the inside of the shell,an old credit card works well for this repair,and at this point I would use a good brush on glue such as Plasti-I -Weld,this glue melts the plastic together and drys quickly.You simply cut the c card to size hold it in place and brush the glue around the card,the glue is thin so it get between the two pieces. Back to the outer shell,you can fill the crack with hot glue and trim off the excess and cover the shell with a good wrap or some aircraft decals to hide the cracks.This sounds like a lot of work but it is very simple and less than one day not flying. This is how I would repair the problem ,but you can use what ever means you desire! I hope this helps you.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
There is a rubber tape, comes in various colors, that sticks to itself like crazy. Originally intended to repair blown hoses, now it’s used everywhere. It works great to fix damage to phantom legs, and rotor arms. It will stretch so it forms itself to the shape of the arms. Been using it for years on my fishing vessels. Lots of names, WrapIt, WrapFix, F4, .........

Don’t forget, if you wrap it over the vents, got to use a razor and open it up. But it ain’t going anywhere. Good luck ?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
You can also use the glue they sell for plastic gutters.
It is solvent based in a liquid gel consistency like the
plastic glue that was sold in small tubes to glue plastic
models when I was a kid. The Gutter Glue I have is
called "Plastmo" PVC Cement.

Jerry

Thanks
A hot glue gun. (Even around the motors)

"Keep them FOUR props".......balanced to prevent the cracks....DJI props are balanced nicely however i had to re balance a few brand new ones...and Never ever fly with a slightly scratched prop or cheap after market props ....the vibes will sure accelerate the cracks process !

Props and Flight batterys are two very important things to insure a SAFE Flight !

I would not use Hot Glue on my P4P+ Drone... simply
for the fact it does not accomplish a good bond to the
plastic.... and it looks horrific. It is also flexible and will do
nothing to stop the propagation of existing cracks.

What you need to do is us a solvent based cement that
will solidly "weld" the cracks in place and stop the crack
from propagating any further.

Jerry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers