Remove lens

How about a rubber kitchen jar-cap remover.

I do it with no assists-- after you take it on and off several times the threads will smooth out some and it will readily screw on and off.

Grip the camera to hold is still and squeeze the lens cover in several different spots. This might loosen it's hold enough to unscrew it. Nothing unusual, unscrews counter clockwise.

Amazing! I spent a week trying to get this thing off. Followed your instructions, and it screwed right off! Thank you!

I found using the same tool for to tighten the blades up and off, on the edge of the camera undid the lens cover, same goes for tightening it up again, just hold the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well, a gorilla must have tightened my P3P's filter ring. The one on my P3A unscrewed fairly easily. But I tried every trick in the book for the P3P.

I ended up using a small bar clamp on the camera housing and rubber pliers grips on the filter (the handle not the pliers). It finally came loose. I lubed the threads with some Frog Lube and and now its as easy as the P3A was to get on and off.

Jiminie Cricket. The same gorilla that screwed on my P3P's filter must have done the one on the RMA'd P3A. I can't get it off now either. Proof they changed the camera :) At least I know what tools to get it loose with now.

Another thing i have seen help in removing stuck lens cap is leaving Phantom in the sun to warm up the camera and lens cap. This was what finally worked for my brother who had tried every tip we found.

Another thing i have seen help in removing stuck lens cap is leaving Phantom in the sun to warm up the camera and lens cap. This was what finally worked for my brother who had tried every tip we found.

I should be able to try the sun thing in a couple months, when we finally get a warm sunny day around here.

I fought this for two days.. Then found this thread.
I wrapped a bit of double-sided tape around just the UV filter. That gave enough traction that it took a surprisingly small bit of effort to remove the filter.. After feeling like I'd break the camera I was putting so much force on it without..

I fought this for two days.. Then found this thread.
I wrapped a bit of double-sided tape around just the UV filter. That gave enough traction that it took a surprisingly small bit of effort to remove the filter.. After feeling like I'd break the camera I was putting so much force on it without..

I know what you mean. I was ready for drastic measures (Vice Grips) and then I read about the latex glove and gentle pressure. It turned off with no pressure at all!

Oh, thank goodness for this thread. After purchasing a filter set, I found the original UV cover impossible to budge. I'll try the rubber band trick.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj