Advanced Remove lens

Reaction score
I purchased polar pro lens filters. Does anyone know how to remove the lens from the camera on a P3 advanced? I have tried unscrewing it counterclockwise with no luck. I do not want to take a chance on breaking the camera. Does anyone have any video or instructions on removing the lens safely?

Reactions: Ari
Reaction score
I saw some discussion somewhere on this forum regarding the lens removal. The message was that "don't grip the lens too tight when you try to unscrew it" .. Being an aluminium liens holder and an aluminium camera frame, I would assume that the liens holder threads are seizing in the housing an by gripping too tight binds the threads even worse. Aluminium threads to aluminium threads are famous for these properties.

Reaction score

Ari

Reaction score
Hi,

Can you send a link to the filters you purchased? My filter cracked and I need a new one

Reaction score
Reactions: Ari
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the link.
Yes and Please post some before and after, pics & or video.

Enjoy the Phantom...

RedHotPoker

Reaction score
Probably a stupid question, but I got a million of them o_O
What do these filers do?

Reaction score
this was hugely helpful for me just now. after gripping and twisting enough to be scared of breaking the camera housing, i put a rubber band around the outside (front) edge of the OEM cap, squeezed it a bit in several directions (i guess maybe to undue any "ovalness" i may have introduced by gorilla-squeezing), and just lightly turned it off. :facepalm:

Reaction score
I really struggled at first but I found the harder you grip it the harder it is to remove. Light grip and it will turn easier than you think.

Reactions: eBird

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlboone7