Remove lens

Reaction score
I purchased polar pro lens filters. Does anyone know how to remove the lens from the camera on a P3 advanced? I have tried unscrewing it counterclockwise with no luck. I do not want to take a chance on breaking the camera. Does anyone have any video or instructions on removing the lens safely?

Reactions: Ari
I saw some discussion somewhere on this forum regarding the lens removal. The message was that "don't grip the lens too tight when you try to unscrew it" .. Being an aluminium liens holder and an aluminium camera frame, I would assume that the liens holder threads are seizing in the housing an by gripping too tight binds the threads even worse. Aluminium threads to aluminium threads are famous for these properties.

Hi,

Can you send a link to the filters you purchased? My filter cracked and I need a new one

Reactions: Ari
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for the link.
Yes and Please post some before and after, pics & or video.

Enjoy the Phantom...

RedHotPoker

this was hugely helpful for me just now. after gripping and twisting enough to be scared of breaking the camera housing, i put a rubber band around the outside (front) edge of the OEM cap, squeezed it a bit in several directions (i guess maybe to undue any "ovalness" i may have introduced by gorilla-squeezing), and just lightly turned it off. :facepalm:

I really struggled at first but I found the harder you grip it the harder it is to remove. Light grip and it will turn easier than you think.

Reactions: eBird
I used a wire tie and tightened it with pliers ...it came right off.
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif A rubber band or rubber glove would have been sufficient.:D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.