Remote Controller Red light and Beeping continuously and its not charging

I had this on my first P4P. Mine got water inside thanks to a pipe bursting right next to me. Had to replace the whole thing.

I had this on my first P4P. Mine got water inside thanks to a pipe bursting right next to me. Had to replace the whole thing.

you mean i need to replace my remote control is there any other way i can fix this thing thanks

Try calibrating the remote control..open the DJI GO4 app and go into settings...the PHANTOM does not need to be turned on to do this.

I also thought of calibrating with DJI Assistant 2, but if the RC is not charging it could be a different problem that might require sending the unit to DJI for repair.

I think there are two issues and the two are not related :
  • The remote beeping : Fix this by putting your remote into pairing (C1 + shutter) then connecting it to the phone and calibrating it
  • The remote not charging.
    • Make sure you plugged it well (I know this sounds dumb but often humans do dumb errors)
    • Do not charge it at the same time as the drone battery (It should work but better not do it, the charger will give less current to the remote)
    • Does the remote heat up when charging ? --> Short on the remote. Send it back or buy a new one
Good luck fixing the latter one. Seems like a tough problem on your side.

Is it possible its flashing red and beeping simply cuz of low battery? What happens when you power on the remote with the charger connected?

You could also try opening the remote and charging the lithium battery by yourself. Maybe it just got under the low-voltage cutout threshold and cannot recharge because of that.

Reactions: With The Birds
Try calibrating the controller using The DJI Assistant 2 on your PC or laptop. I had this problem on my P4P V2.
I also thought of calibrating with DJI Assistant 2, but if the RC is not charging it could be a different problem that might require sending the unit to DJI for repair.
Mine didn't beep when connected to the charger. It only beeps when I powered on the controller and the copter no matter how many times I turned it off and on. So, I had to calibrate my controller using the DJI 2 Assistant. it disappeared after that.

I hope this will solve your issues and Goodluck. Happy Flying!

Reactions: Ansia
You could also try opening the remote and charging the lithium battery by yourself. Maybe it just got under the low-voltage cutout threshold and cannot recharge because of that.
Excellent idea. Definitely worth the effort if you have a LiION charger handy. Measure the resting voltage first to determine if this is likely to help.

Reactions: defvs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl