Remote Controller not working

Reaction score
Hi guys, Yesterday apparently after updating the firmware controller stopped working, it does not turn on unless it is connected to charger, and it does not even light the LEDs to let you know how many baterry. like the Battery is dead. I have had P3P for only 2 weeks and vendor told me DJI warranty covers only 1 week. I hope that reinstaling the firmware might help but I do not know how to do it.

Anyone can help?
Controller was not dropped or hit in any way.

(sorry for repost but I am desperate)

Hi guys, Yesterday apparently after updating the firmware controller stopped working, it does not turn on unless it is connected to charger, and it does not even light the LEDs to let you know how many baterry. like the Battery is dead. I have had P3P for only 2 weeks and vendor told me DJI warranty covers only 1 week. I hope that reinstaling the firmware might help but I do not know how to do it.

Anyone can help?

Dude you're going to get hammered on here for two things... One - reposting.... just bump your original post (still not great but better than reposting) and you're going to get crushed for not reading the
directions - so I enclosed them for you....

ScreenHunter_35 Jun. 17 17.54.jpg

Anyone can help?

When you download the update from the DJI website, there are very specific instructions on how to update the controller and the aircraft. They must be followed exactly.
There are also specific videos on you tube that will walk you through the process. Try those resources first and then get back on the forum with your specific questions. If we don't know what you did specifically when you upgraded, it is rather difficult to be able to help.

Sounds like the update did not complete.:) It is somewhat confusing if you aren't familiar with all the terminology, but that will become clearer as you learn the processes.

Re-perform the firmware updates on the controller and aircraft and let's go from there..

Dude you're going to get hammered on here for two things... One - reposting.... just bump your original post (still not great but better than reposting) and you're going to get crushed for not reading the
directions - so I enclosed them for you....

View attachment 22244
I am really sorry about the repost and i hate myself for it really, but it seems lots more of people get into discussion than to the Help forum...
having said that, I did read the instructions, and i did not notice the remote was On when i began update and i turned on as soon as i realized this. This is what i think caused the problem, and i am hopping to fixed it by reinstaling the firmware.

When you download the update from the DJI website, there are very specific instructions on how to update the controller and the aircraft. They must be followed exactly.
There are also specific videos on you tube that will walk you through the process. Try those resources first and then get back on the forum with your specific questions. If we don't know what you did specifically when you upgraded, it is rather difficult to be able to help.

Sounds like the update did not complete.:) It is somewhat confusing if you aren't familiar with all the terminology, but that will become clearer as you learn the processes.

Re-perform the firmware updates on the controller and aircraft and let's go from there..
What I did wrong was that controller was On when i began update on the Drone. Turned it of as soon as i realized this, but it might have caused the problem. I will re perform the update and i hope it gets fixed.

Reactions: mmee1992
What I did wrong was that controller was On when i began update on the Drone. Turned it of as soon as i realized this, but it might have caused the problem. I will re perform the update and i hope it gets fixed.
Did you update the controller as well?

I updated it later on, did not fix the problem
Have you tried recharging the controller to a full charge. May seem obvious but who knows.

I am really sorry about the repost and i hate myself for it really, but it seems lots more of people get into discussion than to the Help forum...
having said that, I did read the instructions, and i did not notice the remote was On when i began update and i turned on as soon as i realized this. This is what i think caused the problem, and i am hopping to fixed it by reinstaling the firmware.

Ok hating yourself is a little strong :)

Have you tried recharging the controller to a full charge. May seem obvious but who knows.
Yes and it does not charge, DJI response was that i had to send it to them so they can check it, but I will take it to my supplier so they manage everything because not being in the USA it would cost me at least $100 just to send it back to them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.