Remote Calibration

Reaction score
After a few months of sitting idle I fired up my Phantom 4. The 'calibrate remote' warning came on. I have tried several times to calibrate and have gone through all the steps, but the right toggle will not reach 100% in the far right position - only to about 90% or so. Needless to say, my bird drifts to the right when 'hands off' the remote. Any suggestions?

A lot of movement through pattern, WD or similar often helps. Had to finally replace the right stick on P4P remote from another remote (P4) recently after nothing helped. Not uncommon, many just send to DJI for replacement for under $100 incl freight. Open a repair ticket through cust serv and they provide labels. Takes about 2 weeks for a like new replacement. Good luck.

Reactions: captainstubbie
I don’t think I’ve ever had to calibrate my RC. Is it done thru DJIGO4 or Assistant2?

Yes, in GO4. Tap the remote icon and find calibration. Follow the steps shown but must do the gimble wheel last before hitting finish..or it won't hold. Will have to repeat each flight if all steps not done.

Reactions: captainstubbie
I just keep moving sticks as it tells you but it doesn’t move the calibration percentage and the finish button never goes blue to finish the process. I’m just continually maxing out stick movements and getting nothing? Any suggestions would be awesome! TIA

Previously you said it went to 90%, but now during calibration nothing? Seems a glitch in Go4 app, worth uninstall/ reinstall.

Reactions: Farrah
Sorry I was meaning the nothing is the progress the actually calibration percentage was getting. My drone has sat idle for 4 years and just did a bunch of updating and I uninstalled/reinstalled just recently but will do again. I think my error may have been that I kept the gimbal secured and the drone in the case. Will take it out and take off the plastic gimbal cover/attachment.
Thank you very much for your help.
:)

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31