Remote and gimbal issues. Help

Reaction score
I fired up my drone last night with no issues. Let it run to run battery down. I noticed it said remote needs update. So I clicked it. And it updated as I thought. Now I get a red light on left side. It will not connect and it says in app. Gimbal disconnected. Drone did not move so no way is gimbal disconnected. I just let props run. Also. Remote may have not completed. Please help. Anyone. Thanks.

If you're referring to your P3P, it sounds like you're now running remote controller firmware that is not compatible with your aircraft. Either downgrade your remote controller firmware (like this) or follow these instructions to properly upgrade all of your firmware:

HOW TO: Install DJI Phantom 3 firmware

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Thank you. This is exactly what I am referring about. The p3p. I will downgrade I hope when I get home. However why am I getting gimbal disconnected when it clearly is not. Like I said. I turned on props just last night to make sure all was well. Suddenly after trying to upgrade remote. This thing came in. I appreciate your help in explaining this to me. Tony.

The update fails every time I try to go back to 1.8. It has 1.92. I can go back to 1.6 however. Also. Don’t know what to do about gimbal. Aircraft worked fine last night. Please help someone.

Which version was installed before you updated? Which version is installed right now?

Before update. 1.8. But it keeps failing when I try. Right now. 1.92. But I went back down to 1.6 to see if works. Which it did.

Any reason not to upgrade everything to the latest version? Both the remote controller and aircraft would be in sync at that point.

If I could I would. I will give it a shot tomorrow. Not sure if that would help gimbal issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik