Reliable, Dependable, Consistent FPV Range of P2V+

madeinengland said:
Hi Dirty bird,
May I ask what firmware version you are using for your +.

Hi Ray. Whatever the latest/current firmware is, that's what I am running. There were no firmware updates available when I received her, so she was already current. I am running in NAZA mode. Set her up that way right out of the box. Getting ready to head down to Ft. Armistead Park and get some footage of the Key Bridge & Ft. Carrol. New memory card is installed. Also put a red dot sticker on the controller. Why? To remind me to PUSH RECORD before lifting off! :eek:

Thanks Dirty Bird
You give me great encouragement- so many stories of people downgrading to version 1.08 aim wondering what's going on.
Surely the majority of flyers must be using ver3 without trouble otherwise it seems pointless continuing.
Your comments reassure me.
Cheers
Ray

Scottrod said:
DrJoe said:
Real FPV is really cool, really nerve wracking, and will be really illegal very soon.

Oh geez. Here comes another nay-sayer. What do you base your large assumption on?
In netherlands and other europian countries you should always have a direct sight on the flying object. If not- illigal.

stock out of the box....and just went 2540ft never lost fpv but coming home activated and I watched the thing land it self and I was amazed...simply awesome... as for me I was at 689ft but i live in a hilly area..

getting ready to head uptown and get a night sortie in over the city

I cant say enough about this thing...it is awesome...this weekend I am on assignment and will use it for what it was purchased for....

Dirty Bird said:
I am like totally loving this thing!

Having a little fun yesterday at Ft. Armistead Park:

http://youtu.be/-5LnGjjQMY0

That is incredibly impressive! Don't know if I would have the nads to fly over the water :shock: I lived in Philly for 10 years ,think I've been on that bridge. Still thinking of pulling the trigger. I returned a PV2 with Go Pro and 2D Zenmuse when I heard of this release.

That was fantastic. There is obviously nothing wrong with the latest firmware package.if that is with stock antenna and settings that will do for me just would like to remove some fisheye otherwise this is some toy.
Is there any need to balance the motors and props?

Jayson Hanes said:
Ditto! Last night I managed a full mile out!

Wow Jayson that is too cool. I may eventually get the receiver & range extender antenna mods. That wouldn't be too expensive and looks like it could double the range. I want to make that bridge flight from one side to the other and back! :cool:

Just got my Plus today. Getting around 1000 ft before Return Home function kicks in. This goes for altitude or distance. I was flying in a rural area with no interference to speak of. However there are tall trees - 70-80ft tall. Would that dampen the signal that much? I was expecting 2000+ ft range.

Regardless it's a huge blast and I LOVE flying it!

proximo said:
Just got my Plus today. Getting around 1000 ft before Return Home function kicks in. This goes for altitude or distance. I was flying in a rural area with no interference to speak of. However there are tall trees - 70-80ft tall. Would that dampen the signal that much? I was expecting 2000+ ft range.

I would bet you didn't change the limits in the assistant software. Download the software and connect phantom then check to see what the max height and distance are set.

Dirty Bird said:
I am like totally loving this thing!

Having a little fun yesterday at Ft. Armistead Park:

http://youtu.be/-5LnGjjQMY0

Great Shots Dirty Bird!

http://youtu.be/OrMCptluc6E
I had a little fun down in San Diego in March. This is the second trip down here and my second time flying the Midway. This time I had my P2H3 also. The Video was smoother than this one I took with the P2V, but the flight time was significantly less (13 min) due to Batt drain. Video was awesome, but I could not control the camera so it was recording the whole time. It was nice, but to process it for upload would take some time, not like the above video with my P2V.

Well, I can't wait to try out the + and see the gimbal difference with full video/still control from the ground!

Nice video Buster, but what a difference the gimbal makes. I had been looking at the Vision for months and finally ordered it the first week of the month. I installed the app right after placing the order, and noticed it mentioned it worked with the Vision and Vision+. I was thinking, "What's a Vision+?" A little research and I immediately cancelled the Vision order knowing the + was about to be released, and I am very glad I waited.

proximo said:

You don't mention what mode your TX is in (CE or FCC) so check to see if your TX is in CE mode? Turn on, single beep indicates CE, double beep indicates FCC. You want to be in FCC for greatest range. Look in the manual for how to change it. You get greater range with FCC mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic