Relative direction circle in lower left of screen

Reaction score
Ever since I bought my P4P 2 Year’s ago, the small circle in the lower left of the screen that indicates the relative direction of the bird to the magnetic heading. Now, for some reason, the “N” is in the 270 degree location on the circle. The bird flies correctly relative the “N”, but I want the “N” back where it has always been in the north up position. Tried everything I could to change it, but no deal. When I first fire up the tablet, controller and bird, it is correct. When I select “normal flight mode” with the blue icon, the next screen rotates the circle to “N” pointing west. Please help.

Reactions: Paul2660
Ever since I bought my P4P 2 Year’s ago, the small circle in the lower left of the screen that indicates the relative direction of the bird to the magnetic heading. Now, for some reason, the “N” is in the 270 degree location on the circle. The bird flies correctly relative the “N”, but I want the “N” back where it has always been in the north up position. Tried everything I could to change it, but no deal. When I first fire up the tablet, controller and bird, it is correct. When I select “normal flight mode” with the blue icon, the next screen rotates the circle to “N” pointing west. Please help.
You are talking about the radar display.
i-mkhpmCg-L.png

The way it works, N should not be up unless you are facing north.
On the radar display, the small white triangle at the top represents the direction you are facing and N shows where north is.
Try turning to face a different direction while flying and observe what this does for the radar display.

Tried turning full circles and the radar circle does not change. The only change is when the bird changes direction. It has worked fine for two years on both my iPads, but will not change regardless which way I stand. Bird still travels correctly relative the center (home)

Tried turning full circles and the radar circle does not change. The only change is when the bird changes direction. It has worked fine for two years on both my iPads, but will not change regardless which way I stand. Bird still travels correctly relative the center (home)
So the N is/isn't pointing towards north?
About all you can do is to calibrate the compass in your iPad (not the Phantom).
https://www.google.com/search?q=calibrate+ipad+compass

Not sure I know how to recalibrate the iPad, but I’ll give the website a shot. Guess I’ll need to do BOTH iPads. Thanks

Sorry, no the N will not move, period, no matter which way you turn.

Tried it with my iPhone 7 and it worked fine, just won’t work with either iPad

You are talking about the radar display.
i-mkhpmCg-L.png

The way it works, N should not be up unless you are facing north.
On the radar display, the small white triangle at the top represents the direction you are facing and N shows where north is.
Try turning to face a different direction while flying and observe what this does for the radar display.

I understand how it should work, but it doesn’t. The circle should rotate as I rotate the controller and the N should remain pointing north, BUT....it doesn’t. As I said before it works fine on my phone and USED TO on both my iPads, but will not work on either iPad now. No clue how to fix it.

FINALLY! Dumped the DJIGO4 app and re-downloaded it and now the “radar circle” rotates with the controller/device. The old saying “When all else fails, punt” sure applies here. Don’t know what difference it made, but it now works the way it should.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.