Regularly occurring calibration error

Reaction score
When I start my Phantom 3 std, I occassionally get an IMU calibration error. I then normally turn off the drone and remote and restart each. This normally fixes the issue but I am wondering what causes this IMU cal error and how to recal or prevent/fix it.

Also, I usually use fully charged batteries but sometimes when flying, I get a critically low battery message even though the battery is not low on charge. The indicator is still normally in the 3.5 V range or higher. Is this simply a sign that one of the cells may be going bad? One battery is a year old and the other is maybe 18 months old. The oldest has been charged maybe 40 to 50 times.

When I start my Phantom 3 std, I occassionally get an IMU calibration error. I then normally turn off the drone and remote and restart each. This normally fixes the issue but I am wondering what causes this IMU cal error and how to recal or prevent/fix it.

Also, I usually use fully charged batteries but sometimes when flying, I get a critically low battery message even though the battery is not low on charge. The indicator is still normally in the 3.5 V range or higher. Is this simply a sign that one of the cells may be going bad? One battery is a year old and the other is maybe 18 months old. The oldest has been charged maybe 40 to 50 times.
Make IMU done on level surface,clear all warnings in app,it might stop them poping up,batt test is hold for 5 or 6 sec and how many lights come up is how good you cells are,4 good,3 not so good,2 getting tired 2 and 1 start look for new batt

@msteger
Welcome to the Forum!

Hum, so have you have not done an IMU calibration?

"One battery is a year old and the other is maybe 18 months old. The oldest has been charged maybe 40 to 50 times."

Is this Phantom and batteries new or used?

You can find some tips on this link that @msinger has created.
DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

The IMU calibration is in the go app under sensors (I think :rolleyes:), but everything has to be powered up / connected.

This is an additive of what @ianzone stated.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj