REGISTRATION # ?

Reaction score
REGISTRATION # ?
Can someone please tell me how to check if I have been assigned a Drone Reg. Number. I paid and ordered a card and set of stick on labels a month ago. I received a confirmation number. I've sent 2 eMail messages from the FAA site and never get an answer.
I have a Phantom 4 sitting in the box ,brand new and have been waiting for the Reg.# because I want to do everything legally before I fly it. Can anyone help?

Are you quite sure that you registered on the official FAA site: FAADroneZone

If you registered there then you can simply log in and see your registration details. If you registered on some other website then you probably just gave away money. You need to use the official site.

Reactions: rfaaj
Like sar104 said, it sounds like you have used a 3rd party's website to process your registration.
I say this because of your mention of stickers/labels.

If the site you used does not end in '.gov' then you should reapply using the link he provided. You can then fly immediately with the proper ID applied.

Reactions: sar104
First, I would go to the FAA website link that sar104 listed in post #2.

See if you can log in using the email address and password you gave the third party website a month ago.

If it won't let you log in, sorry, but you've been 'had', only option is to actually register on the FAA site... the good news? It's only 5 bucks, and you can print your registration card on the spot.

As mentioned, you probably went through a 3rd party that charges a lot more then the needed $5.... as the FAA does not send out stickers. Also, you need to also have your registration paperwork on your person's when flying.

Yea, I got confused when registering my new drone, $25 bucks for a couple of stickers seemed ludicrous, FAA.gov, $5 bucks printed out the card..good to go..

REGISTRATION # ?
Can someone please tell me how to check if I have been assigned a Drone Reg. Number. I paid and ordered a card and set of stick on labels a month ago. I received a confirmation number. I've sent 2 eMail messages from the FAA site and never get an answer.
I have a Phantom 4 sitting in the box ,brand new and have been waiting for the Reg.# because I want to do everything legally before I fly it. Can anyone help?
I was a bit confused when I registered my Drone because they did not send me stickers or a certificate etc. all I received was an email with my Registration numbers, we are supposed to make our on letters and numbers and put them on our Aircraft. Hope this Helps you.

As mentioned, you probably went through a 3rd party that charges a lot more then the needed $5.... as the FAA does not send out stickers. Also, you need to also have your registration paperwork on your person's when flying.

Or... an electronic copy in your mobile device will suffice as well.

REGISTRATION # ?

UPDATE-- I now have the Reg. Number from the correct FAA Site. I was on a site called "Federal Drone Registration" and I guess me being new to all this, jumped at what I thought was right. I Paid $49.99 for stickers and a wallet card of my registration (They didn't even have the number because it wasn't assigned yet) I've written to them about the matter twice and have heard nothing. New people, PLEASE be AWARE, the site you want to be on for Registration is FAADroneZone .The charge is $5 for the recreational license. Thanks all for the help and info you have provided. This is a great forum and I'll be using it for many questions I'm sure I'll have in the future. Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll never get my money back but maybe this will help somebody else before they get stuck.

I'm sure I'll never get my money back but maybe this will help somebody else before they get stuck

It turns my stomach to hear of websites posing as legitimate that take such advantage of people. For 50 bucks they could have at least typed your name, email address, and a password into the FAA database for you! I'm sure you had to give them all that info anyway, and they could've emailed you a copy of your registration card to be printed at your house. Would have taken them all of 10 minutes. I'd do that for people for 50 bucks each all day long!

As for getting your money back you could file a complaint with the credit card company?

Last edited:
UPDATE-- I now have the Reg. Number from the correct FAA Site. I was on a site called "Federal Drone Registration" and I guess me being new to all this, jumped at what I thought was right. I Paid $49.99 for stickers and a wallet card of my registration (They didn't even have the number because it wasn't assigned yet) I've written to them about the matter twice and have heard nothing. New people, PLEASE be AWARE, the site you want to be on for Registration is FAADroneZone .The charge is $5 for the recreational license. Thanks all for the help and info you have provided. This is a great forum and I'll be using it for many questions I'm sure I'll have in the future. Thanks so much! I'm sure I'll never get my money back but maybe this will help somebody else before they get stuck.
If the website you visited doesn't end in .GOV, then it likely is not a federal government website.

Note also that it is a recreational registration, not a recreational license.

UPDATE AGAIN!--- Today I received a Cert. of Registration from "Federal Drone Registration". A nice quality card and 2 stickers. The only thing is, they said it would be sent out within a week after ordering. It now has been more than a month. I contacted the FAA, (since I figured I was just out of the money and Cert.) and got the Reg. Number immediately. ---However, since I received the card now I have another number that is not the same as the one from the FAA. MY QUESTION? Can I cancel one of the numbers or do I even have to? This all is turning into a big hassle and I haven't even flown the thing yet. But I'm looking forward to it.

MY QUESTION? Can I cancel one of the numbers or do I even have to? This all is turning into a big hassle and I haven't even flown the thing yet. But I'm looking forward to it.

Put one of the stickers on your quad, put the card in your wallet, and just go fly already!

Forget about the FAA, dual registration, two numbers etc etc etc. just put it behind you, at this point it's trivial... forget about it.

Just go fly!

Reactions: BigAl07
Yea, I got confused when registering my new drone, $25 bucks for a couple of stickers seemed ludicrous, FAA.gov, $5 bucks printed out the card..good to go..
Don't feel bad.Same thing happened to me.I was wondering why they wanted $30 to register but I just thought the price had gone up.Google screwed me that day.

REGISTRATION # ?
When you register at the FAA website they will confirm your registration by email shortly after you log out.

Buddy hate to say it but you lost your five bucks, like others have said before you went thru a 3 party site, did mine through the FAA, made my labels at work and I keep my registration on my phone.

Can someone please share the link to the UK's drone registration site?

Can someone please share the link to the UK's drone registration site?
if just as a hobby then there is none at this time coming in nov 2019
if for business then you need to take a drone course and they will also help with the paperwork for the caa

if just as a hobby then there is none at this time coming in nov 2019
if for business then you need to take a drone course and they will also help with the paperwork for the caa

Thanks mate, I just hope it's going to be an easy process.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31