Registration with FAA

Reaction score
Do I have to register with Federal Aviation Administration in USA before I fly outdoors? And I have to pay 15 $ for it ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

You must register with the FAA here before flying outdoors in the US.

Reactions: SAUDIBIKER
Do I have to register with Federal Aviation Administration in USA before I fly outdoors? And I have to pay 15 $ for it ?
$15 ??
The fee is $5 for 3 years.
Make sure you only use the FAA's own website to register.
Not one of the many scam sites that offer to "help" for a fee.

Correct, when you register as a hobby flier, it is the pilot that is being registered, not the aircraft. The registration number that you get can be used on as many sUAS's as you have that you fly for fun. It's only the commercial registration that requires a unique # for each bird. You'll find all of this onto site where you register.

Reactions: Falcon900

Just to be clear, registering with the FAA is only required for US citizens or foreign nationals who want to fly in US airspace.

Reactions: Falcon900
There are many scam sites out there that charge additional fees. Only use the FAA's site to register.

I can get him registered for $10 only. :)

So in registering my P3P do I need to do the
paper (N-number) registration process since its over .55lb? Or can I just do the regular registration listed on their site? Thanks in advance, little confused here.

You only need an N-number if you're flying commercially. If you're just flying for fun, then register here.

So in registering my P3P do I need to do the
paper (N-number) registration process since its over .55lb? Or can I just do the regular registration listed on their site? Thanks in advance, little confused here.

You only need an N-number if you're flying commercially. If you're just flying for fun, then register here.
Any commercial bird weighing less than 55 lbs has to be registered. Over 55 requires a special waiver. You can register your sUAS commercially at the same site and get an 'FA' type registration number for the bird. Either that # or a N# are both 'legal' for a bird being used commercially. And either only cost $5.

This info is current as of December 18, 2016

Go to ONLY the FAA.gov site, register for the site(free) then register your drone($5) five bucks, that's it. Anyone charging you more money is NOT the FAA, all the feds want is $5 for 3 years. Before I forced myself to go to the FAA site, I ran across 2 other sites one was $24.99 and I forget what the other one wanted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic