registering (hobby)

Reaction score
There are lots of webb sites to register drones, the one I found wanted $24.00? Last time I paid $5.00? which is it?

Thought so. Went to the FAA site, and saw that I had opened an account and it showed that I had resisted before and paid $5, No mention of the new registration requirements. Says I'm good until 2020.

The one they have on the site ask for SN# MODEL, for each drone you have. When i did mine (a few years ago) They only wanted your name it didn't matter what kind of drone you had you put the same FAA numbers on all of them.

The one they have on the site ask for SN# MODEL, for each drone you have. When i did mine (a few years ago) They only wanted your name it didn't matter what kind of drone you had you put the same FAA numbers on all of them.

I don't know which site you are looking at. You only need to register each aircraft separately if you are flying under Part 107. For recreational registration (Section 336) you don't register an aircraft - you just provide your details and get a registration number that you put on all aircraft that you own.

Thought so. Went to the FAA site, and saw that I had opened an account and it showed that I had resisted before and paid $5, No mention of the new registration requirements. Says I'm good until 2020.
Yep. If you were previously registered, you are good to go. The FAA extended everyone when the law was signed back into law last December.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT