Refurbished P3 batteries

Reaction score
I recently bought a refurbished P3 battery and when I received it, I charged it and checked that it was a new battery as advertised. I then checked the number of times charged and it showed 1 time charged. All cells were charged and the voltage was correct. Then I see on my remote that it said there was a bad cell in the battery. All other checks showed a good battery. I tried flying with the drone 2 foot off the ground for the whole charge(from 97% down to 8%) no problem. A couple days later a second refurbished battery arrived...This battery checked and performed the same way. Is it possible that refurbished batteries have repaired cells but the intelligent circuitry on the PCB does not reset? Both of these batteries last as long as my "Good" batteries, and they do not get as warm as my "good" batteries. Has anyone run across anything like this, concerning refurbished batteries?

Do you still getting this warnings?
If so, check it with some other app. as Airdata UAV for instance.

Reactions: brigerdrones
A bad cell "broken cell" warning is definitely generated by the battery control board. I've never heard of this issue with genuine OEM DJI batteries but I've seen it with one particular brand of aftermarket 3rd party batteries. As far as refurbished batteries go, really all they can do is replace the cells with new ones and reset the battery control board. One possible solution is to insert a SD card with the .bin file for your CURRENT FW version (unless you want to update then use the latest version) and power up the AC with the refurbished battery(s) which should trigger a FW update on the battery if its mismatched. This may or may not solve your problem but that's all I can offer. As far as flying with a cell error, that's your discretion. Personally I don't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen