Recreational use test

Reaction score
I was reading through a recent summary of current Drone flight laws and found this site, which is quite detailed.

In it, there is a section that states:

“The recreational flyer must pass a test and keep proof of passing the test to show to FAA or law enforcement. The test will cover the recreational drone laws.”

I had not heard of this before. Can anyone confirm if this is true and what test we are supposed to take?

I was reading through a recent summary of current Drone flight laws and found this site, which is quite detailed.

In it, there is a section that states:

“The recreational flyer must pass a test and keep proof of passing the test to show to FAA or law enforcement. The test will cover the recreational drone laws.”

I had not heard of this before. Can anyone confirm if this is true and what test we are supposed to take?

Jonathan is a good guy and a friend. He has a good feel for all things drone related.

As far as the recreational test, that will come out next month. There are a number of things that need to be dropped all at the same time, including Remote ID. I know that the person working on much of that has things ready to go. They're just polishing things and coordinating interlocking pieces.

A lot of the current uncertainty in the U.S. UAS industry will be calmed when this is all done.

The recreational test you mention will not be a difficult test. Nothing like the 107 test.

Reactions: dronesky
Jonathan is a good guy and a friend. He has a good feel for all things drone related.

As far as the recreational test, that will come out next month. There are a number of things that need to be dropped all at the same time, including Remote ID. I know that the person working on much of that has things ready to go. They're just polishing things and coordinating interlocking pieces.

A lot of the current uncertainty in the U.S. UAS industry will be calmed when this is all done.

The recreational test you mention will not be a difficult test. Nothing like the 107 test.
Thank you both for the information ?

How will you know when you are supposed to take the test? Will it be for the people who have their drones registered.

I did take a general FAA aviation safety test last year when I was preparing for a Part 107. I wonder if it’s the same test?

Last edited:
I did take a general FAA aviation safety test last year when I was preparing for a Part 107. I wonder if it’s the same test?
No.

The test mentioned in 44809 is not that. It will be released next month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan