Recreating historical photographs

Reaction score
I've been doing some flights above my small little hometown. While at the local Agway I saw an old Photograph that caught my interest . It was taken sometime between 1937 and the late 1950's by a local photographer. It's currently in the public domain.

Here is the original:
Brasher 1937.jpg

Here is today's Photograph:

Best Brasher match.jpg

Very nice comparison!

Great Idea! The Bridge is it the same one? Crop out the sky... The Photo is Kick too.

Edit
Have you ever gone back with google earth, I think it goes to the 60's aerial shots if I recall.

The original photograph has the skyline. The picture was too big to scan so I took a picture of the picture with my phone. Interesting: I was hovering at 275 feet approximately. The original seems to have been taken from a lower altitude than mine. I can't imagine today's FAA allowing a small plane to buzz a town less than that height. It is in fact the same bridge. That bridge was completed in 1937.

I'm standing next to the hood of the white car nearly in the center of the photograph. I'm looking at the original photograph that is on the hood to match my shot up.

Reactions: NickCopter
The original was taken at a much longer focal length - you can tell by the compression.

Cool idea, thanks for sharing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31