Received my Limefuel Battery today

Yep, I,m in...just had 3 DJI batteries all get puffy with less than 40 flights on each battery. I've had them since I purchased the Vision in May, so it's well past the 3 month warranty. I will be purchasing some of the Limefuel batteries and will continue the thread with updates on their performance.

thunderchicken said:
I just received my Limefuel Air L54P 5400,Ah battery from Amazon. It came out of the box with charge indicating two green lights. Plugged it into my DJI standard charger and Nothing. I removed the charger and turned the battery on and then re-installed it on my charger - still nothing. No matter what I do, it will not charge this battery. I then tried an alternate backup DJI branded charger and still NOTHING! There must be something in the charger that somehow knows that this is not a RJI OEM battery. Oh well, nothing to but try and return it so I hope they don't give me a hassle. I noticed that there was a number on the bottom of the battery in China no less.
As far as the physical appearance in every way it seems to be the same mold as the OEM. I put it in my Phantom 2 Vision + and went into a hover for about 5 minutes so it does seem to power the Phantom. No, I didn't take the time to see if and what it reported about the battery to my software displays.

Did you try powering on the battery?
2 methods:
Stick it in phantom and run it down to 10%.
Or plug in charger, tap the battery button and then hold as if you were powering up the phantom.

Both of my original DJI batteries got a little "puffy". Just appeared to be a bit of gas buildup inside the wrapping but nothing I would consider excessive.
My #1 battery failed at about 20 cycles with 94% battery life as reported by the software.
I could get to about 50% then would get a forced auto-landing.
#2 battery works just fine.

Batteries, when purchased alone, only have a 30 day warranty, but when purchased as part of the Phantom, have a 1year warrantee.

What I don't know is if they cover both batteries that came with the kit or just 1.

Now I have to deal with getting my bad battery replaced under warranty.
DJI says I have to go to the Authorized Reseller and B&H says I have to go to DJI.
I think it's time for a cold one...

I just ordered 3 limefuel batteries on Amazon. Due to arrive Wednesday. I have a lot of flying next weekend and beyond (20 flights/day), so I will find out soon enough if these are keepers, or are going back.

Kelly

Interesting. They are only $99.99 on Amazon. But there are two deeply conflicting customer reviews there as of now. One says it works no problem and the other says it doesn't. Kelly I'd be very curious to hear about your testing this coming weekend!

I use DJI P2 batteries on a P1.5, which doesn't have the "intelligent" battery management or whatever they call it. To charge my P2 batteries I made an adapter: XT60 connector to a P2 battery connector (sorry, I don't recall what that connector is called but they are cheap, ebay or readymaderc).

I use the "Pb" setting on my charger (for lead acid batteries) and the P2 batteries charge with no problem. This is the method I learned on the P1.5 thread here. It has been well tested by many users.

Bypassing the "intelligent" aspect of charging the P2 might be a solution for you.

Worth a try....

Mako79 said:
thunderchicken said:
I just received my Limefuel Air L54P 5400,Ah battery from Amazon. It came out of the box with charge indicating two green lights. Plugged it into my DJI standard charger and Nothing. I removed the charger and turned the battery on and then re-installed it on my charger - still nothing. No matter what I do, it will not charge this battery. I then tried an alternate backup DJI branded charger and still NOTHING! There must be something in the charger that somehow knows that this is not a RJI OEM battery. Oh well, nothing to but try and return it so I hope they don't give me a hassle. I noticed that there was a number on the bottom of the battery in China no less.
As far as the physical appearance in every way it seems to be the same mold as the OEM. I put it in my Phantom 2 Vision + and went into a hover for about 5 minutes so it does seem to power the Phantom. No, I didn't take the time to see if and what it reported about the battery to my software displays.

2 methods:
Or plug in charger, tap the battery button and then hold as if you were powering up the phantom.

nhoover said:
Interesting. They are only $99.99 on Amazon. But there are two deeply conflicting customer reviews there as of now. One says it works no problem and the other says it doesn't. Kelly I'd be very curious to hear about your testing this coming weekend!
:D indeed!
Let us know how these batteries test out!
Round or square status contacts?

GearLoose said:
I use DJI P2 batteries on a P1.5, which doesn't have the "intelligent" battery management or whatever they call it. To charge my P2 batteries I made an adapter: XT60 connector to a P2 battery connector (sorry, I don't recall what that connector is called but they are cheap, ebay or readymaderc).

I use the "Pb" setting on my charger (for lead acid batteries) and the P2 batteries charge with no problem. This is the method I learned on the P1.5 thread here. It has been well tested by many users.

Bypassing the "intelligent" aspect of charging the P2 might be a solution for you.

Worth a try....

Mako79 said:
thunderchicken said:

2 methods:

What exact Pb setting do you use. I have been using my lipo charge but just use the 3s lipo setting. The KS for any help you can give me. The 3s lipo setting works fine for me

I received 2 of the LimeFuel batteries and have run them through several cycles and have had no issues with them ... all is good with the batteries I received from Amazon...

Just test flew my new Limefuel battery from Amazon. Worked very well. Fits in battery bay nice and snug, like the DJI batteries. Flight time was 15 minutes with low battery alarm at 29%. Tested almost new DJI battery first and had the same 15 minutes. Limefuel numbers from the Assistant looked simular to DJI.

DJI battery current capacity=5057 mAh. Limefuel battery current capacity=5191 mAh.

DJI battery has 7 cycles. The Limefuel has the round data pins, DJI has square data pins.

Only time will tell how durable these new batteries are. 3 of my DJI batteries out of 4 are bad. Will keep the forum informed over the next few weeks. Just ordered another Limefuel from Amazon. They had just one left in stock.

I ordered 3 on Monday afternoon from Amazon. $299 total, incl shipping. They arrived this afternoon. Round pins, ~50% charged. Fully charged up tonight. Look forward to testing this weekend and next week.

Kelly

DesertFlyer53 said:
Flew the new battery today. Works great and did last a minute or two longer than the DJI batteries. :)

Good news. I'm starting to feel better about this hobby with new battery options.

Tested out my new Limefuel battery today.
slight breeze, total hover time before low battery warning: 18 min.
swapped batteries and the DJI battery's hover time was 15 min.
Did another hover time comparison just after sundown in still air, same results, 18 min for the Limefuel and 15 for the DJI battery.
I like it.

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Rafael and I am on the product team for Limefuel. As you all know we are the manufacturer for the L54P Extended DJI Battery on Amazon (link http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacement-Quadcopter-including-Compatible/dp/B00M7F83KK). I am posting on here to make sure you are all aware of a current issue with DJI's new battery firmware update (V2.6). After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware update (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6). If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].

Thank You.

Limefuel L54P Won't Work With New Battery Update

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rafael and I am on the product team for Limefuel. As you all know we are the manufacturer for the L54P Extended DJI Battery on Amazon (link http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacement-Quadcopter-including-Compatible/dp/B00M7F83KK). I am posting on here to make sure you are all aware of a current issue with DJI's new battery firmware update (V2.6). After some initial testing it seems that the latest battery firmware update (V2.6) from DJI renders our L54P unusable. You will not be able to start/fly your DJI at all. If you upgrade/d to this latest firmware our battery will no longer work with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, or Phantom 2 Vision+. We are looking into this matter and we hope to have a fix available as soon as possible. If you want to continue using the L54P we suggest that you do not upgrade to the latest battery firmware (V2.6). If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].

Thank You.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4