Received my Limefuel Battery today

Re: Limefuel L54P Won't Work With New Battery Update

I have been notified by a seller of Onbo batterries, that Onbo do work with the updated Phantom software no problem. The same should be the case for Limefuel, as it is being confirmed.

The only thing you should do is DO NOT UPDATE NON DJI BATTERY FIRMWARE! You can update Phantom, PCB software no problem, however only update DJI battery firmware, obvioulsy do not update Limefuel, Onbo or any other aftermarket battery firmware.

A youtube video showing Onbo being compatible with new firmware should be on youtube today.

After some initial testing it seems like you can update everything on your DJI Phantom 2 (EXCEPT the battery) and our battery will still work. The issue with our battery only occurs after you update using the battery firmware update (V2.6) from DJI. This update is for official DJI batteries ONLY, please do not update your L54P Limefuel battery with DJI's firmware update.

TL;DR: DO NOT update the L54P Limefuel battery with the V2.6 battery firmware update from DJI. Everything else can be updated just fine.
vQE4qv3.png

We will be updating this page (link: http://air.limefuel.com/) as well with any and all information regarding our L54P Limefuel DJI Battery. We have also created a FAQ to answer some general questions regarding our battery. Feel free to bookmark it and check back regularly for updates.

Thank You.

After checking the Phantom Assistant program (v3.4) this morning it seems that the option to update your battery firmware to V2.6 is no longer available. There is no option to check for an update in their latest Phantom Assistant 3.4 program.

hI0KaMR.png

While there is an option to check on version 3.2 of the Phantom Assistant program it no longer pulls up the 2.6 battery firmware update with our L54P Limefuel battery.

ss0bUwe.png

This is what 3.4 and 3.2 showed yesterday on 10/29/14 with our L54P Limefuel battery.

BEFORE 10/29/14
vQE4qv3.png

This is by no means a permanent solution and we are actively working on finding a better route to ensure our L54P DJI Limefuel batteries are fully functional with or without DJI battery firmware updates. We will continue to update this post and our online blog for the L54P (link: http://air.limefuel.com/) as we move forward.

Thank you.

Rafael:

Regarding the battery firmware update:
Does it "zap" the battery and render the battery useless (even if used in an un-updated Phantom) or does it just keep the specific Phantom that has been updated to operate with the aftermarket batteries?

Is it safe to update the Phantom to 3.08? Does it automatically flash to the new firmware for the battery? (I am kind of confused)
I have assistant 3.2 (Mac)
I have 1 LF battery and 1 DJI battery that is beginning to show early signs of failure (early auto-land)
I have another failed DJI battery that has been sent in for warranty replacement and am waiting on that.
I do like my LF battery and will be getting the new 6k battery once it is available.

I like some of the new firmware features but not at the expense of disabling aftermarket batteries.

@Michigan_PI

The battery firmware (V2.6) causes an issue with our battery that does not allow the Drone to power on. In our testing only the battery firmware update causes this issue, everything else can be updated just fine without affecting your L54P DJI Limefuel battery. If you scroll up a bit you will see one of my posts in which I have everything up to date except for the battery firmware. The battery firmware update is for DJI OEM batteries only.

In our testing it does not update the battery firmware automatically on the DJI Phantom 2. We have seen these reports going around but have not been able to replicate that result. We have also tested the 3.2 and 3.4 Phantom Assistant program. Yesterday the battery firmware update was available for both versions of the program but as of this morning we are no longer seeing the option to update the battery firmware to 2.6. I have posted about this as well. We are still testing all options and this post will be updated regularly along with our site dedicated to our L54P battery, http://air.limefuel.com

Thank you.

Thank you Rafael,
I was confused as to if it was a "forced" firmware update or if it had to be manually initiated.
If I update to 3.08, should I do it with the DJI battery installed or the LF battery, or does it matter?

Thank you,

Jeff

Also tracking this thread... i will need to buy a new battery soon as both my DJI batteries are landing early now

I saw this on the amazon reviews, it is referring to a new 6000mah battery for the P2V+

OCT 28, 2014 | 08:16AM MDT
Aram replied:
Jason,

We will not have the 6000mah unit available until late November / early December.
We will be shipping your replacement unit out within the next 48 hours. Once shipped, we will email you with tracking.

If you would rather wait for the 6000mah unit, we can refund your purchase today.
Please let us know what you would like to do.

Can anyone from Limefuel confirm that you will be releasing this battery as stated and will it work with latest firmware?

It seems like a great statement that LF says they have a 12 month warranty on their batteries. Your friends at DJI should step up and at least match this considering that the batteries probably come out of the same factory.....

Ben

Hey guys... got a note from Limefuel about the battery problems...

NOV 03, 2014 | 08:17AM MST
Aram replied:
Bob,

The battery will work as expected with your DJI as long as you do not apply the DJI Battery update with our battery installed in your drone.
The issues that were brought to our attention, were customers were installing DJI firmware that was designed for DJI branded batteries, onto our batteries.
If you have already updated your DJI, and do not update the “battery firmware” to our battery it will work as designed.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

- Team Limefuel

Hi!
Is it possible to install back Limefuel firmware on a L54P battery after I installed DJI original firmware 2.6?

@wavewizzard As of this moment there is no way to downgrade the battery firmware on your L54P once it has been updated with DJI's 2.6 battery firmware update. Please send an email to [email protected] detailing your issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank You!

On a side note, my DJI battery was replaced under warranty. It took 15 days from the day I sent it until I received the new one

Maybe a stupid question, but could you put the stock battery in and upgrade everything then put the after market battery in? Is there an advantage in upgrading the battery firmware?

Presumably DJI added the feature to help protect batteries from situations that damage them.
But there's one definite disadvantage with updating a dodgy battery.
I had one that would alarm at 50% and want to come down at 40%.
Discharging and recharging a couple of times didn't fix it but it was still good for half a flight.
After updating the firmware, hoping that might help, now after flying only a couple of minutes, the app brings up a BIG warning splashed across the screen saying there is a damaged cell and it is not recommended to fly. The warning won't go away from the screen and the battery isn't good for anything now.

Hello Everyone,

We have launched preorders for our new 6000mAh L60P battery for use with the DJI Phantom 2, Phantom 2 Vision, and Phantom 2 Vision+. Our battery is fully compatible with all DJI firmware as of November 6, 2014. We are working on forward firmware compatibility solutions to take advantage of any future DJI battery features. The Air L60P is slated for early January 2015 shipping.

Here’s a $10 coupon code, AIR6000 for the first 100 people that order with us. Refer 10 friends, get your battery for free. ($10 credit towards battery per referral after confirmed purchase)

You can purchase your L60P here- http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-air

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email us at [email protected].

Thank you,
Rafael

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers