Received my Limefuel Battery today

I am no lawyer but a class action suit against DJI for defective batteries under US jurisdiction is more than feasible. Illegal trade practice would probably need to be part of an FTC case but could still be useful fodder for a class action suit if one could demonstrate that their 3rd party batteries were rendered useless.

Droner_Aus said:
Anyone ordered the 6000mAh version to be released shortly?

I ordered two. Which is a good thing, because, "oddly", the batteries I am having problems with are the DJI ones. :( :cry:

I already have one of their 5400's. :)

The 6000mAh from LimeFuel pre-ordered are $100. If you order them from Amazon, the are are $124.99. And to think I just ordered 2 LimeFuel batteries before I knew there where 6000mAh ones coming......

GSSP said:
I pre-ordered the 6000mAh a month ago, still have not received it

That's because, per the pre-order page, it doesn't ship out until this month (I think late this month). :D :D :D

Per Amazon, "This item will be released on January 31, 2015." I suspect our orders (I ordered two) will be around the same time frame.

True, but then again its a global market not a US one.
And somehow I have this feeling that DJI dont give a toss

True but so isnt most products that are sold world wide such as cars and printers and even tho the US is just part of there market its a BIG part of there market. and Co's that want to sell there product are supposed to comply with US laws if they want to sell there product here.

And ya they probably dont give a toss or may not even know. But they sure as heck would know as well as the printers and automobile manufactures did after being hit with a non compliance reprimands from the Federal Trade Commission. a few years ago when most of them were violating the Magnuson-Moss warranty act 1975 but trying to imply to customers that using after market parts or consumables could possibly cause there warranty's to be voided. and car cos and repair centers used to try and pull that crap to and say people had to use certain brands of filters and what not while a car was under warranty with out offering the parts for free. and they got poped big time for it. and can be fined big bucks for even suggesting or implying it.

Well, besides Limefuel claiming they've modified the battery to work with all Phantom 2 firmwares, their customer service through this all seems to be stellar whenever anyone contacted them.

Read the reviews here:
http://www.amazon.com/Limefuel-Replacem ... 00OM7BT70/

Its all very confusing, but based on the fact that the guys using the 5400's seem to be doing very well and Limefuel appear to be working to fix compatibility issues I went for it and ordered two 6000's just now.

They are still $100 on their website: http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-a ... e=FEDt7Yl6 although the price was meant to have gone up from the pre-order prices on the 23rd.

showing $200 on amazon now :shock:

I just ordered a LF battery (Jan 24, 2015), to replace my prematurely failed battery from DJI (it stopped working in October...and just getting around to replacing). Like others, decided LF couldn't be worse that the OEM that failed after about 20 flights over 4 months.

The P2V was purchased in mid-May. If I haven't upgraded anything, is it likely that I have the older or new firmware? Should I upgrade the firmware before trying out the new battery? Is there a compelling reason to upgrade the battery firmware?

If the Phantom was ordered from Amazon, has anybody had any success in getting the original battery replaced under warranty?

Thanks!

If the Phantom was ordered from Amazon, has anybody had any success in getting the original battery replaced under warranty?
I have already claimed and get the original battery replaced
g.png

Hughie said:
Perhaps a better way of breaking the DJI battery stranglehold is not to use cloned batteries, but instead to leave the DJI battery electronics as is and attempt to replace the battery cell unit itself.

This is the way forward. Hopefully, someone will lead the way with a detailed DIY video.

Brent10 said:
Hughie said:
Perhaps a better way of breaking the DJI battery stranglehold is not to use cloned batteries, but instead to leave the DJI battery electronics as is and attempt to replace the battery cell unit itself.

This is the way forward. Hopefully, someone will lead the way with a detailed DIY video.

I am not sure that would fix the issue....I believe the issue is with the DJI "smart" battery circuitry, not the LiPo cells.

EricT said:
Brent10 said:
Hughie said:

I am not sure that would fix the issue....I believe the issue is with the DJI "smart" battery circuitry, not the LiPo cells.

That is the point. You keep the DJI circuitry (you only need one) and use your own (replaceable) LiPos behind it.

There is no issue with the DJI smart circuitry.

Hughie said:
Brent10 said:
Hughie said:

That is the point. You keep the DJI circuitry (you only need one) and use your own (replaceable) LiPos behind it.

I was thinking of the auto landings that are occurring and if the DJI smart battery circuitry is the problem......some say it is the data pins, others say possibly something else. Not sure what the real answer is.

EricT said:
Hughie said:

I was thinking of the auto landings that are occurring and if the DJI smart battery circuitry is the problem......some say it is the data pins, others say possibly something else. Not sure what the real answer is.

The context of this sub-thread was to do with breaking DJIs commercial lock-in on batteries, where there was only one place to go for batteries. This seems to be changing now, but even so maximum flexibility would be one where users could stick with the DJI battery head and fit whatever LiPo battery they wanted behind it, hopefully yielding two advantages; lower cost, and longer flight time.

I think the point about pins is fair enough and it would be nice if we didnt have them. However, the pins are a serial bus which the main board uses to query the battery MCU. I would suggest that reverse engineering or bypassing this is at whole different level and is probably just not worth the effort.

Has anyone tried either Limefuel battery with the 3.12 firmware? I'm just curious if they still work (as advertised by Limefuel).

msinger said:
Has anyone tried either Limefuel battery with the 3.12 firmware? I'm just curious if they still work (as advertised by Limefuel).

No, you first :D

My Limefuel L60P was slightly puffed right out of the box!
The puff was soft and compressible. Also, when I kept it in a cooler area the puff seemed to reduce a bit and increase after a flight! Also, the puff is only on one side!

Should I be worried? :eek:

Video -

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4