Received my Limefuel Battery today

It might show non-dji battery and fail to start motors. I pre-ordered the 6000 also. Time will tell.

You definitely don't want to upgrade 3rd party battery with dji's firmware. It will brick it.

phantomi said:
I think you're talking of the battery update that it is not an autoupdate. But in recent days dji update the Central Board to firmware 1.0.2.8 and this one is an auto update and it makes batteries with old firmwares unusables.

No. I'm fully updated. The battery worked before and after the update (including CB firmware 1.0.2.8).

What I am trying to say was I was instructed to remove aftermarket batteries before doing ANY firmware updates, and that all should work fine after that. So far, that has been my experience.

It's also possible that there's been a change to the battery (I just got mine under two weeks ago), in which case, affected battery owners should contact Limefuel.

Could yall please provide a link to the 6000mAh Phantom 2 battery pack?

RobertMfromLI said:
phantomi said:
I think you're talking of the battery update that it is not an autoupdate. But in recent days dji update the Central Board to firmware 1.0.2.8 and this one is an auto update and it makes batteries with old firmwares unusables.

No. I'm fully updated. The battery worked before and after the update (including CB firmware 1.0.2.8).

What I am trying to say was I was instructed to remove aftermarket batteries before doing ANY firmware updates, and that all should work fine after that. So far, that has been my experience.

It's also possible that there's been a change to the battery (I just got mine under two weeks ago), in which case, affected battery owners should contact Limefuel.
I bought two L54P batteries and neither one would work even before mine was auto updated. I contacted Lime Fuel and they insist they will work. My battery firmware hasn't been updated.

GSSP said:
Could yall please provide a link to the 6000mAh Phantom 2 battery pack?

This is the pre-order page: http://www.limefuel.com/pages/product-air

Personally I'd suggest waiting until people have tested it. Also wait until you can buy it on Amazon.com to get a bit more protection in case something goes wrong and Limefuel starts jerking people around. Not saying Limefuel would do that - they have always been good to me - just saying be cautious.

Damon said:
As you can see when DJI programs are started they establish many connections through various ports.

Good grief! Great product, terrible company. I guess we made a deal with the devil. Wow. Just. wow. Ok... so hit your WiFi off button I guess.

Txturbo said:
RobertMfromLI said:
phantomi said:

I bought two L54P batteries and neither one would work even before mine was auto updated. I contacted Lime Fuel and they insist they will work. My battery firmware hasn't been updated.

When?

Txturbo said:
A couple of weeks ago.

:|

They did make a post (not exactly sure where - could have been Amazon) that they are looking into the firmware upgrade issue and plan on rectifying it. That was more than two or so weeks ago though.

Perhaps you got old stock? If you bought it through Amazon, I'd contact them via Amazon.

Yes it was through Amazon. I saw a post about it being resolved somewhere....that's when I ordered. I received them on 11/18.

Txturbo said:
Yes it was through Amazon. I saw a post about it being resolved somewhere....that's when I ordered. I received them on 11/18.

If Amazon fulfilled (mine was), I am wondering if you got an older version. I ordered mine the day you got yours, and it worked with the previous and current central board firmware.

Amazon is totally out at the moment, so the next batch should be all new, and maybe it fixes the issues some are having.

What version is your battery firmware? Maybe it's newer than mine. I'll have to check when I get home.

Txturbo said:
What version is your battery firmware? Maybe it's newer than mine. I'll have to check when I get home.

So will I... will check later today and let you know.

Txturbo said:

Bingo. Call Amazon and send them back. Easy as can be. In the US: 1 (888) 280-3321

Ordered LimeFule LP54P battery from Amazon on Nov 22.
Delivered on Nov 25th.
Plug in to check make sure I can use it. No problem. Unplug, charged to 100%.

First flight, hovering test for flight time: 17:01 from lift off until auto land kicks in (15%).

P2V+. Wt. w/o battery, w/ props: 926 gram
Mods: added FlyTrex, secured by velcro.
Mods: added additional AL + Copper foil GPS shield + Electrical tape for insulation.
Hover time: 17 minutes 1 second.

I have all the latest update from DJI as of Nov 24th.

just went to check all my batteries for firmware version and guess what..... one of the LF batteries works now. My DJI battery is 2.0.0.0, one LF battery that works is 1.6.0.0. and the other LF battery won't come up in the Vision app since it gives the "non DJI battery" message. So it may not be a software/firmware issue afterall.

Txturbo said:
just went to check all my batteries for firmware version and guess what..... one of the LF batteries works now. My DJI battery is 2.0.0.0, one LF battery that works is 1.6.0.0. and the other LF battery won't come up in the Vision app since it gives the "non DJI battery" message. So it may not be a software/firmware issue afterall.
Did the one that is not currently working, work prior to the latest P330CB firmware upgrade?

it has never worked. If I don't get the other one working I will just send it back for a refund.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT