Really Bad DJI Experience (otherwise known as Keep Your Original Box!!)

Guys, don't say more!!!!
I am starting to sweat every time I take off with my P4, thinking that behind it there is no service or good guarantee, so, any day could be my last one flying it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Guys, don't say more!!!!
I am starting to sweat every time I take off with my P4, thinking that behind it there is no service or good guarantee, so, any day could be my last one flying it!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is not that bad, P4s are great aircrafts as long as they are treated like someone would treat a girlfriend.
All you need is regular Compass calibrations, and make sure your batteries are always charged.

Good advice . . . Phantom4 is a fantastic device, very reliable (for me anyway). over 80hrs and 300+ flights and the only misbehaviour I have ever seen was caused by me.

So don't despair . . get really familiar with all the modes and how to switch between them, camera modes, navigation as well as collision avoidance and automatic flight modes. It's a complex machine and worth investigating behaviors before you try them in the air. . . and I'd also recommend reading this Forum including P3 and P2 . . they all offer insight into how NOT to get into trouble in the air. . . Better wishing your machine was "up there" rather than wishing it was "down here"

I had already named the one I sent in, but the one that came back needed to be named.
If it needed to be named, this implies it hasn't been used before (possibly). Can you explain why you think it's a refurb? Did the shell have scratches like it was used? We there no stickers on the drone, or missing the block behind the gimbal? Just because it wasn't in the retail box, you won't get a new retail box in return. Remember, you didn't have yours, so they aren't going to give you one. I'm curious if the shells wasn't pristine shiny like a new drone or not.

Last edited:
i am think about buying a refurbished still get the same warranty.
Also wed site says all refurbished serial #s end with a X.
maybe they weren't when this post was active.

I'm happy to report that DJI finally honored resetting my DJI Care for the month I lost trying to get a working unit from them. An amazing amount of brain cells were lost in this effort, but it proves you have to be as tenacious as they are to get them to do the right thing.
Glad things worked out ok for you. Gives me a little bit higher confidence in DJI to see them make it right.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl