Real pros needed.

Reaction score
I have been at this for about a year and for the most part do okay with the Phantom 2. Now I have a problem that requires Pro advice. I have experienced two battery quick draining experiences. I check all five of my batteries in the Assistant, and all show good voltages in all three cell areas. I took one of the batteries that would not take a complete charge and powered up the craft tonight. It showed 89% on the display. I took off and everything flew as normal, I was watching the percentage of battery to assure it did not deplete quickly, which is what I have experienced recently. At 86%, I noticed all lights on the craft turned to flashing red. I brought the craft down and landed. I still had 39% battery left. The red lights came on about two minutes into the flight, even though I had 80+% battery. Once on the ground I let the craft run. at 16% which came pretty quick, I noticed the only way I could keep the motors going was to add throttle. If I just let it idle, the motors would stop. I watched the video I shot during that short flight and everything was normal. The engines sounded fine and the craft flew normally. So, I am stumped. Something has to be draining these batteries. Any ideas?

PhilH

How old are those batteries? Are the two info pads under the battery terminals round or square?

How long had it been since you last flew? I went about a month without flying and didnt put my batteries in "storage mode" and ended up loosing battery in flight fairly often.

How old are those batteries? Are the two info pads under the battery terminals round or square?
Jason:
I have two batteries that are not that old, maybe six months or so. One is round (the one I wrote about tonight) and the other battery that went out first is square.
Phil

Jason:
I have two batteries that are not that old, maybe six months or so. One is round (the one I wrote about tonight) and the other battery that went out first is square.
Phil

There isn't much you can do with either battery. Last October 31 DJI came out P2 assistant software v3.6 and it contained a battery update v2.6 I update all my batteries 2 of those where doing the same thing you are having problems with. Then DJI for some unknown reason disabled that update so for many the only recourse is to purchase new ones. DJI warranty isn't great either something like 30 days. There are many after market batteries out there but there is only one that gives a warranty of 1 year and that would be www.limefuel.com check it out.

Of the 2 problem batteries I updated still work but the flight is about 5 - 6 minutes shorter than the newer batteries which is 15 - 16 minutes.

There isn't much you can do with either battery. Last October 31 DJI came out P2 assistant software v3.6 and it contained a battery update v2.6 I update all my batteries 2 of those where doing the same thing you are having problems with. Then DJI for some unknown reason disabled that update so for many the only recourse is to purchase new ones. DJI warranty isn't great either something like 30 days. There are many after market batteries out there but there is only one that gives a warranty of 1 year and that would be www.limefuel.com check it out.

Of the 2 problem batteries I updated still work but the flight is about 5 - 6 minutes shorter than the newer batteries which is 15 - 16 minutes.
Thank you, Jason. I was concerned it was something with the Phantom. The batteries are all approaching one year in age. The most any one has on it i 18 recycles.
Phil

Thank you, Jason. I was concerned it was something with the Phantom. The batteries are all approaching one year in age. The most any one has on it i 18 recycles.
Phil

That is really to bad. The two I had that were landing early were only 8 months old with less than 30 recharges. Now they're over a year old and still flying and landing at 15% and that was due to the battery update that no longer exist.

Have you look into the limefuel batteries? There are threads here of other using without any problems and their prices are better than DJI's.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20