RC problems after swapping the HDMI module.

Reaction score
I have a P4 paired with an RC from Inspire 1 drone. Have flown the same combo for more that 1 year and most of the time all was OK, except from time to time the green screen and bad video feeback.
After I have updated the app GO4 to 4.2.4 on the i-Pad Air 2 the problem started...now is says DISCONNECTED but I can start the motors and "fly" the drone.
Since the app 4.2.4 had a problem with IOS 11.2.5 regarding the HDMI module, I have swapped out the HDMI module from the Inspire RC with the original RC from the P4 (that was never used). Still the same problem, app is DISCONNECTED (gray out) and no connection between the RC and i-Pad. Have swapped cobles and still the same. Updated the app to 4.2.5 and still the same.
Also have used the RC from another Inspire drone and still the same DISCONNECTED state.
I am at a mental block now, any ideas?

Try to fly with iOS other than 11.2.5

I have a P4 paired with an RC from Inspire 1 drone. Have flown the same combo for more that 1 year and most of the time all was OK, except from time to time the green screen and bad video feeback.
After I have updated the app GO4 to 4.2.4 on the i-Pad Air 2 the problem started...now is says DISCONNECTED but I can start the motors and "fly" the drone.
Since the app 4.2.4 had a problem with IOS 11.2.5 regarding the HDMI module, I have swapped out the HDMI module from the Inspire RC with the original RC from the P4 (that was never used). Still the same problem, app is DISCONNECTED (gray out) and no connection between the RC and i-Pad. Have swapped cobles and still the same. Updated the app to 4.2.5 and still the same.
Also have used the RC from another Inspire drone and still the same DISCONNECTED state.
I am at a mental block now, any ideas?
,,had similar issue after a update once,somehow app changed my settings here and I had the disconect,instead of MTP it was charging,
20171205_074819.jpg

When you updated the app, did you simply click update in the app store? If yes, try uninstalling the app. Reboot the iPad, then install the app again.

^^^ I have done that and still the same result.
I always delete app, shut down the pad, restart the pad, upload app, shut down the pad, restart pad and go from there. All started after updating to 11.2.5 and app 4.2.4 and now on 11.2.5 and 4.2.5 and still the same.
I have paired the RC from the Inspire 1 v2 - Black Edition and have connection but with no video...black screen. This RC is stock, not touched in any form, had to remove the plastic from it.
Since I have taken the USB module from the original P4 RC and put it on the old RC from Inspire 1 that I have flown with for a long time, could it be that the USB from P4 RC is not compatible with the Inspire RC??? I can start the motors, give it commands as UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT from the sound of motors but no connection between the RC and i-pad Air 2 which lets me know the TX on the RC is working but the RC is not talking with the pad.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic