RC Firmware Update 1.6.0 to 1.8.0 FAILED

Reaction score
Here is my story:

1) I have been flying my P3 Pro with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Samsung's newest tablet) for almost a year. It has been working great.

2) I have been using RC firmware 1.6.0 and AC firmware 1.9.60

3) Along comes a "required RC firmware upgrade" from DJI to 1.8.0. I install this on the RC and the video starts breaking up really bad - like a weak digital TV signal. It's unusable.

4) I try to roll the RC back to 1.6.0, but it only gave me the choice to roll back to 1.5.8. DJI told me to go ahead via phone. This "bricked" the RC unit.

5) Sent it back to DJI, and they repaired it. It came back to me with RC firmware 1.8.0, same as before. I had bad video again. Same as before.

6) Today I called DJI and they told me that my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 is not on their list of approved mobile devices. Yet I have been flying with my Tab S2 for almost a year. about 210. miles of flight.

7) This all started then I upgraded the RC from 1.6.0 to 1.8.0. This has totaled my P3P system. I can't link, I can't fly, I can't upgrade, or I can't downgrade. Slightly blueish light on RC. Fails to upgrade or to downgrade or to link to AC

This is not a Galaxy problem! It's a RC 1.8.0 firmware problem. I would be very happy if I could just get back to RC 1.6.0 and never upgrade again.

At this point I can only put it all in the garbage can.

Can you please try to help me get back to RC 1.6.0

Thank you,
Joe
KC7GHT

Same thing happened to me. Tried downgrading to 1.6 and it failed. Lost link to bird and rc. Got it back but had to update to 1.8 to get the bird and rc to work. Now back to square 1. $450 tablet and dji brings it to its knees over a update.

Sent from my SM-T813 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am having same issue after downloading to 1.8 last night. video link is very choppy now. in the past I updated in this way and it locked my controller up, blue and red lit on controller and would not connect to anything. I sent it to dji and they sent me a new controller works great. but they never told me what happened. after digging more into it I realized there are 3 different versions of the controller out there.the one I had, I think version B, is unupgradable. dji prompted me to update the rc when it cannot except it. putting it in forever limbo. now my new controller is upgradeable but after the last update was successful now I have the choppy video link issue. I was gonna fly again today hoping the issue resolved itself. I fly with a note 5.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. Tried downgrading to 1.6 and it failed. Lost link to bird and rc. Got it back but had to update to 1.8 to get the bird and rc to work. Now back to square 1. $450 tablet and dji brings it to its knees over a update.

start posting more of these issues on the phantom forum
maybe they will get it about 1.8 killing phantoms video etc.
PHANTOM

Try to downgrade RC to 1.6.0 with an iOS device. With tab s2 fails.

That's my experience

had some success.i was able to downgrade to 1.6 using my note 5. had to unistall lichtie so that there was no confusion with my tablet on which app to use when usb was connected. so far so good, video is working properly again. ill do some more test flights later and let everyone know. i know the s2 is not part of dji list of tablets, but you would think they would do something for such a popular tab.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4