Raptors used to take down drones

I've never understood the photoshop claims.

"Why aren't the props moving?" You mean, besides the fact that it's a still image? A quick enough shutter speed is all that's needed to halt props. But then, as others noted, the raptors talons / legs are enough to stop them. They could do damage to the birds, but they would be trained to do so anyways in cases where the drones are flying in sensitive areas (I saw the notes that this program has been halted).

Also, looking at the shadows and all, it would be a bit of work to photoshop this to make it look as good as it does (even if you think it looks fake). Wouldn't it be easier to just train a bird to pick up a drone (with motors not running) sitting on a tree stump and take it a few feed up into the air?

I'm with Yooper : I still get nervous when I see a big bird take interest in me. This happened to me with a full-grown bald eagle last week.

Chris

That is very cheap phantom clone so even if the bird caught it with props running i doubt it would hurt it it only has little brushed motors which actually is geared to motor that is why it has bumps under the props.

I live in the country and have 1 Red Tailed Hawk that lives and hunts in my back yard (about 30 acres), and another one hunts/protects the field across the street. I've had problems with both of them going after my P4P, but fortunately I was at a low enough altitude that they never got it. I've since learned from members here that the best thing to do is gain altitude as quickly as possible, which has worked great! The raptors are great at diving to catch their prey, but have to flap their wings to gain altitude. They can't out run the P4P going up! I just go high, and away from "their" property and land. We all have to live together after all....

I suspect the same! It just looks too perfect of a picture and yeah that's a phantom 3 it looks like and the scale of an eagle to that seems off
Its actually one of those knock off vivitar phantom look alikes. Prob a bit smaller and definitely lighter than your ole' dji. But im not saying it aint photoshopped .. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic