Rapid flashing yellow after crash

Reaction score
Hello,

So my drone crashed and ever since I have been getting rapid flashing yellow lights on the rear LEDs. I have already replaced the GPS chip due to a cracked antenna but the problem persists. There is no other visible damage to any of the boards. I am not sure if it is pairing with the RC and when I attempt to pair, the small red LED flashes for a couple of seconds and then returns to solid red. I want to avoid throwing more parts at it but am at a loss. Please advise, thanks!

I am having a similar problem after a bad crash The RC light Stays Solid red , but the drone where powered up goes from Green to red then to a steady flashing yellow. 'Would this be the same problem where the reciever was damaged. Also will the drone fly without the camera attached? The grey antenna wire was pulled from the Circuit board and tore the connecting socket out of the board. So Now I either solder it back on or replace the whole Camera . I doubt my ability to solder that tiny piece back together successfully . Any help Would be greatly appreciated.

I am having a similar problem after a bad crash The RC light Stays Solid red , but the drone where powered up goes from Green to red then to a steady flashing yellow. 'Would this be the same problem where the reciever was damaged. Also will the drone fly without the camera attached? The grey antenna wire was pulled from the Circuit board and tore the connecting socket out of the board. So Now I either solder it back on or replace the whole Camera . I doubt my ability to solder that tiny piece back together successfully . Any help Would be greatly appreciated.

You haven't mentioned which DJI quad you have. I assume you have one of the P2 line of quads and finding an on board 2.4 GHz or 5.8GHz receiver will not be easy since P2's are no longer produced. There were two versions of the P2 a non-Vision and a Vision line. The non-vision version was designed around using a zenmuse gimbal and GoPro camera while the visions line came with there own gimbal and camera.

P2 non-vision Uses 2.4GHz receiver
Phantom 2 NV.jpg

P2 vision Uses 5.8GHz receiver
Phantom 2 vision.jpg

Yeah, it sounds like you'll need to replace the receiver. I found mine on eBay I believe. You'll need to do some unsoldering and resoldering to access the board. Overall it was a fairly quick and easy process, and I'm not expert. And yes, the drone should be able to fly without the Gopro.

Yeah, it sounds like you'll need to replace the receiver. I found mine on eBay I believe. You'll need to do some unsoldering and resoldering to access the board. Overall it was a fairly quick and easy process, and I'm not expert. And yes, the drone should be able to fly without the Gopro.

There no soldering required to remove the quads receiver as four philip screws hold down the main board and two screws hold the receiver board if the quad is truly a P2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl