Rant....

I remember reading that loosening the motor mount screws a bit would help prevent cracks. I did. Loosen the screws & then tighten just enough to hold everything tight. Seems the factory assemblers tighten them too much. I've had no issues.

My p3A right hand antenna cracked and broke around it's mounting position today all I did was open the antenna's getting ready to fly,
I took remote apart to make some sort of repair and
inside the plastic is all just breaking up, all the plastic screw posts are broken and other internal strengthening parts are also broken.
And believe me I have Never once "Crashed" my remote never dropped it,
it lives in the DJI hard case so how is the plastic breaking up?

Drone damage yeh maybe we flew too hard a took a little fall but the REMOTE???
DJI has really pulled the wool over our eyes guys, because they are without any serious competition they just "fob" us off with inferior
products and materials because where else can we go, sad news about the Gopro Karma that option is now a non starter!

I wonder if putting the mounting plates for qiick connect prop protectors helps or hurts thos situation. I know the plates will at least HIDE any cracks. Dammit! Now I gotta go and check mine again!

The plastic those shells are made out of is a joke, I did the preventive measure on my bird and also loosened the motor mounts and then tightened them just enough so it felt secure,
but one of the cracks had already started prior my preventive procedure and I ended up living with it over 100 flights on the unit and no other cracks showing, I rather smash my p3p to pieces than send it to DJI for repairs... The same goes for the remote the plastic posts inside the remote fall apart once you unscrew the components... It's a major flaw... look up P4 a totally different plastic on the bird , however the controller is the same poor quality plastic...
Some people use the weldon 3 or weldon 4 acrylic glue to fill the cracks and that supposed to fuse the material back up. I am yet to try that.

Here is where the stress cracks started showing up on my P3A after about 4 months of flying. And then dropped about 15ft into tall grass around a bridge trestle, so figured I would be screwed trying to get warranty on it. So I did my own repair with superglue and backing soda. Worked great for a while until I ran into some tree branches and dropped 30 feet in to some short grass (last Photo). Now its at the repair shop for a new shell $209.00 installed plus shipping both ways.

Attachments

• DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Arm Stress Crack 8-28-2016.JPG
    DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Arm Stress Crack 8-28-2016.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 285
  • DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Repair to Stress Crack with Super Glue & Baking Soda.JPG
    DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Repair to Stress Crack with Super Glue & Baking Soda.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 315
  • DJI Copter Crash at Hausbarn 10-22-16-3.JPG
    DJI Copter Crash at Hausbarn 10-22-16-3.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 250
Well on a good note, the dealer through amazon has taken care of it. They are really nice and really fast. It went out Tuesday fedex group, arrived thursday, by friday morning it was processed and has a new shell on it (the newer gen shells I am assuming) and it will be shipping back to me monday. They were awesome. I hope anything else I have to do goes through them because they are great. ((Its Camrise/STCNYC))
Just curious, what Amazon dealer did you use?

Reactions: BigAl07
Here is where the stress cracks started showing up on my P3A after about 4 months of flying. And then dropped about 15ft into tall grass around a bridge trestle, so figured I would be screwed trying to get warranty on it. So I did my own repair with superglue and backing soda. Worked great for a while until I ran into some tree branches and dropped 30 feet in to some short grass (last Photo). Now its at the repair shop for a new shell $209.00 installed plus shipping both ways.

YIKES!!! The shell is not that expensive it's like 60 bucks I think. Transferrin. Everything is just moving things with screws no soldering or anything. Save yourself in the future to do it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

BTW, those are prop guard attachments on the last picture and I was NOT using them during the last flight! "Prop Guards? We don't need no stinking Prop Guards" for a quick flight around a barn! NOT! and they were laying in the back seat of my truck. Operator Error!

Well after taking it apart and replacing the motors once I thought it looked a little too over whelming to do myself, plus the DroneNerds said they would test everything on the bird before the sent it back to me. I think there might have been a glitch in the compass after the crash because I could not get it to calibrate in places I could get it to calibrate before.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31