range

I'll try playing around with the channel settings.

I ran another test flight today and got out to around 4500 ft so that was nice. I started to lose RC but video was ok.

There are some trees and such in my area though so that probably limits range as well.

I ran another test today and went out to about 5800 ft. It was losing RC connection so I turned back and one the way back at around 5000 ft it was losing connection again and eventually lost connection for more than 3 seconds. About 10 seconds later I was able to re-establish a connection and it was already in RTH mode so I canceled it and just flew back manually.

I'm impressed. This is an area with a lot of trees and building and stuff so there is definitely a lot of interference in pure LOS.

At about 3500 ft I can still see the drone with my naked eye (although it's tiny).

Yeah, but I'm saying flying 3500 feet away and still being able to see your P3 with the naked eye must be some kind of record!

Yeah, but I'm saying flying 3500 feet away and still being able to see your P3 with the naked eye must be some kind of record!

That'd be nice to the record for longest visual LOS of a drone. I don't know where they track these things.

I have one friend with super vision though (and I'm nowhere near him). We used to look out the window of our building at work and he would read the writing on various airplanes ("oh, that's actually a 737 because it actually says that in the back part of that plane in white letter", etc.) in the sky.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl