Range

depends where you fly.
open field, many fly further then the battery will allow (to return safely)
I've gone 1+ miles with stock setup with some reflector cups on the antenna's. in a city environment.

Tyson, you can find the P3P specs here.

Yea but DJI claims isn't always acurite.
All environments are different. There is no way they could quote a distance that is accurate no matter where you fly.

3.3miles across the Wharfe Valley in Yorkshire UK, no wind! 6.6 mile round trip with %15 left on battery with 7deg outside temp, outstanding conditions for flying! Would have liked the sun out for some decent pics but alas was not to be.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Neon Euc
The furthest distance I have managed was 4,200m. I still had decent signal if I remember rightly, but i got scared about getting back with remaining battery [emoji51][emoji38]

3.3miles across the Wharfe Valley in Yorkshire UK, no wind! 6.6 mile round trip with %15 left on battery with 7deg outside temp, outstanding conditions for flying! Would have liked the sun out for some decent pics but alas was not to be.

Wow - was that a standard setup, or using assistance of some type?

Standard setup with windsurfers on! I regularly get 2/3 miles out even on a breezy day but take off and fly into the wind ready for the free ride back. Plus I usually fly at a height of between 150-250mtrs for optimal signal.

Standard setup with windsurfers on! I regularly get 2/3 miles out even on a breezy day but take off and fly into the wind ready for the free ride back. Plus I usually fly at a height of between 150-250mtrs for optimal signal.

Right, so it was a windsurfer. The are amazing at improving the signal for very little money. However, I really wouldn't fly in the congested sky of Kent at 850' - someone will notify the authorities - there are many light aircraft in that area....

Right, so it was a windsurfer. The are amazing at improving the signal for very little money. However, I really wouldn't fly in the congested sky of Kent at 850' - someone will notify the authorities - there are many light aircraft in that area....

120 meters is 400 ft which is fine? 450-500 be too much? Where I fly not too many light air craft, still wouldn't take it up silly heights. Surrey, not too far from me. :)

120 meters is 400 ft which is fine? 450-500 be too much? Where I fly not too many light air craft, still wouldn't take it up silly heights. Surrey, not too far from me. :)
120 is fine but 250m is 800'. Not worth the risk going that high in Southern England IMHO.
Yep, near Kingston. Brother lives in Bearsted. You're lucky; there's some beautiful places to fly in Kent. Would love to go over the Royal Dockyards in Chatham, Leeds Castle, Sheppey, the estuary, Dover, Sandwich, Canterbury... ahhh well...! ;)

Reactions: tvckz
120 is fine but 250m is 800'. Not worth the risk going that high in Southern England IMHO.
Yep, near Kingston. Brother lives in Bearsted. You're lucky; there's some beautiful places to fly in Kent. Would love to go over the Royal Dockyards in Chatham, Leeds Castle, Sheppey, the estuary, Dover, Sandwich, Canterbury... ahhh well...! ;)

Aye I'm closer the dartford bridge. However leeds isn't that far away and leeds castle is a brilliant place, summer trips to there 100%. Canterbury is some drive, lovely place but need an extra battery for that trip lol.

The OP said he purchased from them, showed pics and there are very recent positive reviews, so use PayPal and you'd be fine...

No doubt I could get my money back, but what if the batteries are fake? I'd only want oem incase of issues!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irish_phantom