Range problem

Reaction score
I have a phantom 3 adv and have my max distance at 500m, but the farthest I've been able to fly is 1400 ft away until it starts losing signal. Help please

do you mean, completely disconnecting video feed? Or just video stutter? My video stutter is real bad, so bad it is hard to trust my screen and I don't have to go that far away for it to freeze and play catch up (hard to keep a steady pace when you're watching your screen and it freezes).

I thought the p3a can fly up to 3.1miles nut how can u do that if they put a 500meter limit on it?

I thought the p3a can fly up to 3.1miles nut how can u do that if they put a 500meter limit on it?
Turn off maximum distance. You will never get 3 miles unless you put a amplified antennae on remote. I have a windsurfer on my remote and I get 2 miles all the time. Also try putting your phone or tablet in airplane mode which turns off wifi. Have you went up in altitude like 400 ft. Stay away from cell towers and high voltage power lines. Just a last bit of info, if you have maximum distance set to 500 meters you will never go any further as you are telling your bird not to go past 500 meters!

Also, are you holding/pointing the controller antennas parallel to each other and at 90 degrees to the drone?

Reactions: Oso
Welcome to the forum!

What I normally tell all of the people who have asked about that setting and also what I note in my tips post is that the "Enable Max Distance" option in the app is used to set a distance limit. Leave this option disabled to fly the maximum distance. Only enable this option if you want to set a max distance limit of up to 500M. I've always thought that if this option were named "Enable Distance Limit" it would be much more intuitive.

Holy **** it all makes since now it's enabling it to keep it from the max distance not allow for it. [emoji1369][emoji1360][emoji1374]

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl