range limits vs advanced

Reaction score
Hello. I've been looking into buying a used P3 Advanced, and have started a thread with questions specific to that model in the appropriate topic. I have begun to look at P3 Standards as well. It appears that the lack of Lightbridge in the Standard limits its effective maximum range to about 1000m, correct? In my anticipated use, I don't see much need to fly more than 1/2 mile from the controller, so this might not be a serious issue for me. My question is whether the P3 Standard would also be more likely to experience degraded communications in challenging conditions when flying much closer. For example, how much more likely would a P3 Standard flying at an altitude of 20m AGL and a horizontal distance of 150m be likely to lose connection in hilly terrain, tree cover, etc. than a P3 Advanced? Thanks.

SAM

Hello. I've been looking into buying a used P3 Advanced, and have started a thread with questions specific to that model in the appropriate topic.
The P3 Advanced and P3 Pro are identical except for an additional chip in the camera.
Their is no difference in their performance specs.
I have begun to look at P3 Standards as well. It appears that the lack of Lightbridge in the Standard limits its effective maximum range to about 1000m, correct?
That's on a good day in an interference-free environment.
In an urban environment, it could be just half of that.

Lightbridge is about ten times better than the Standard's wifi control system.
With wifi the image will break down and controls become glitchy as you get further away.
WIth Lightbridge everything stays crystal-clear until it just stops (much further away than wifi's limited range.
Lightbridge is much less susceptible to interference in your local environment.

The P3 Advanced and P3 Pro are identical except for an additional chip in the camera.
Their is no difference in their performance specs.

That's on a good day in an interference-free environment.
In an urban environment, it could be just half of that.

Lightbridge is about ten times better than the Standard's wifi control system.
With wifi the image will break down and controls become glitchy as you get further away.
WIth Lightbridge everything stays crystal-clear until it just stops (much further away than wifi's limited range.
Lightbridge is much less susceptible to interference in your local environment.
Thank you for that information. I will limit my search to P3 Advanced or Pro based on it. One aspect does confuse me, however (I'm probably just displaying my ignorance of the technology). Does the Lightbridge feature reside on that single additional camera chip, is it a software- only enhancement, or is does it reside solely in the Adv/Pro controller? Thanks again.

Thank you for that information. I will limit my search to P3 Advanced or Pro based on it. One aspect does confuse me, however (I'm probably just displaying my ignorance of the technology). Does the Lightbridge feature reside on that single additional camera chip, is it a software- only enhancement, or is does it reside solely in the Adv/Pro controller? Thanks again.
The extra chip is on the pro camera to handle the extra demands of creating 4K video.
Lightbridge is the signal transmission signal used by the Adv and Pro versions.
There are Lightbridge components in the drone and the controller so they can communicate..

P3A was my first drone and I liked it. Very compact construction and reliable ion action. It never let me down.
The connection works to 800m distance with no problem. But anyway you can not see it at that distance.
Even with my P4P+ I usually fly not over 800m. I see no point in longer distances. My longest flight is 1300m.

I don't intend to fly further than that either, but I do want to make sure I have as robust a connection as possible for the distances I will fly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers