RANGE EXTENDERS

Do they work ??? is the signal much better ????
Well, that depends on what is chosen,,my p3s has cheap argtec triple anttennas which is just better than normal,,,p4s has non boosted itelite dbs extender panel which works great compared to original,,I'm not one to fly into sunset but like to have image and trouble free flights,,,,oh cops out front domestics Im out there,,Goss I like morning violence ,,,anyway I found that from factory they only just seem to work if you want bit better have to spend some coin

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they work ??? is the signal much better ????
They all work to some degree. Keep in mind they do not boost the signal itself, only aim it better. It's like a nozzle for your garden hose. No change in pressure, but different settings will either fan out or stream the water. Loads of videos on YouTube that demonstrate not to mention the hundreds of pages on this forum alone anwering this question ad nauseum.

You're welcome. I have one of those copper thingy's for my P3S. Works great. I never let the AC out of visual so I probably don't even need it, but I know it does take the signal going out of the back of the antenna and re-directs it out front. Same signal strength, just more of it to see if you're a drone.

I’d be scared to take my drone out 1 like away, if I can’t see it it ain’t going out lol

Since it is mandatory to fly in the line of sight ,range extenders are just going to get pilots in trouble with the FAA.
There are places with radio interference that is substantial enough to warrant the use of range extenders even when flying within VLOS, particularly if you don't have a bird that supports 5 GHz radio operation.

You didn't say for what drone.Any how my p4pro I got the blue proton upgrade with bigger antennas.Huge difference for $40.00 it goes through trees better and stronger hd signal.If you buy the blue proton antennas and argTEK car kit you can fly p4 pro from your car.Great to sit in car with heat or AC on just need to see it out your Windows.Together it cost about $70.00 for both and it's worth it.Better get firehouse technology strobe lights so you can see it fly 16,300 feet with full hd in a place with a lot of WiFi.

I got a Titan kind of pricey. But does a great job especially if you the antennas and mount them 12 feet on a mast to get it up over local structures. Penetrates vegetation well.

They all work to some degree. Keep in mind they do not boost the signal itself, only aim it better. It's like a nozzle for your garden hose. No change in pressure, but different settings will either fan out or stream the water. Loads of videos on YouTube that demonstrate not to mention the hundreds of pages on this forum alone anwering this question ad nauseum.
Range extenders with amps actually DO boost the control signal itself.

Yes,this is all true. One thing you must remember, increase in the gain of the antenna the narrower the beam.
This is why I elevate my low gain antennas to 12 to 15 feet. Then use an inline booster such as a Titan to over come the loss of the coax. Maximum length of low loss coax needs to stay less than 20 feet. I use 195 most of the time on my mast.
This all helps decrease signal blockage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic