Range extender

Reaction score
Looking for a range extender and i may possibly get a windsurfer but im unsure to whether it works...
Also where can I buy a spare battery?
Thanks for all the help!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai.AL
Just be sure they're dji.. lot of off brands I hear horror stories about
Also make sure they have been stored properly, and still are chargeable, as any new P3 battery was likely still manufactured a very long time ago, and Lipo batteries start dying on the day of birth, not the day first placed into service.

Also make sure they have been stored properly, and still are chargeable, as any new P3 battery was likely still manufactured a very long time ago, and Lipo batteries start dying on the day of birth, not the day first placed into service.

Thanks !

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Good point!

I fly mostly in Urban areas too (have ordered a cheap version on eBay from China costing me a couple of dollars... might be worth the experiment?) - the harsh reality with the p3s is that it does only use Wifi! - which at the best of times is very limited in range!! the ones above use a radio signal which is far far better.
It absolutely beats me how some of these YouTube videos of people using a P3s can claim 9 to 10 kilometres range!!
I do try and trust people but let's be honest; that's the sort of clickbait will get them hits on YouTube.

Wind surfer booster does nothing for range.
At worst, a windsurfer improves signal stability at close range. In most cases, it will also boost range by 20% or more, by concentrating the signal in a specific direction, if used properly, and pointed at the aircraft. If you are not seeing any benefit, it is likely user error.

Reactions: smackc4
At worst, a windsurfer improves signal stability at close range. In most cases, it will also boost range by 20% or more, by concentrating the signal in a specific direction, if used properly, and pointed at the aircraft. If you are not seeing any benefit, it is likely user error.
That's how I perceive it also, given it makes the signal directional, rather than (standard) non-directional.
IN FACT; I JUST had an idea; I may put foil on the BACK (facing me when holding RC) of my ARG antennas, to make them more directional...

That's how I perceive it also, given it makes the signal directional, rather than (standard) non-directional.
IN FACT; I JUST had an idea; I may put foil on the BACK (facing me when holding RC) of my ARG antennas, to make them more directional...
The windsurfer also helps when flying directly above yourself at higher elevations, where the omnidirectional antenna is worst. Just aim the windsurfer up, to direct the signal above you.

The windsurfer also helps when flying directly above yourself at higher elevations, where the omnidirectional antenna is worst. Just aim the windsurfer up, to direct the signal above you.
I actually tried that using my ARG antennas the other day, and found (to a degree) this helps. ALSO found that even slight left to right body movements change the fringe signal connectivity.

I added a windsurfer to my 3... it’s cheap and does help somewhat... def not an OMG moment... but for price, worth a shot.
I've ordered one too; for a couple of bucks from China it's worth trying...I've posted elsewhere recently about what cost me $70 for an ARG kit, and really I have found virtually none if any difference in range!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94