Range extender... Anyone know this?

That is awesome. I love my p3s. Firsts drone. But I want a p4p so bad I can' stand it. Im gonna try being super extra nice to wife lol. Merry Christmas and thanks for the reply.
Good luck with the sweet talkin Jerry, I'm rooting for you! Merry Christmas my friend!!!

Okay thanks. Are they available for single antenna like p3s? And any recommendations for good affordable brand? Thanks for the info and Merry Christmas.
You will need to have a look yourself but they are all about the same. Here is one from Banggood so it would take a month or so to get it but at $3 and change I'm not sure you could go wrong. They will only slightly improve things and it may not even be noticeable. Often simply directing the antenna precisely in the right direction will do as much as they will. There are many different opinions out there on whether they work at all, but theoretically they should increase radiation distance slightly if used properly. Again, Merry Christmas my friend!

Transmitter Antenna Signal Enhancement Board Booster Extended Range For DJI Phantom 3 Standard

Reactions: Jerry H
Hi all, what is a firebridge?

Hi Charlie, Firebridge is a company that heavily mods the original with some pretty high end gear to increase its capability, it ain't cheap but...

Here is a picture of a Firebridge modded RC, they sell whole packages that includes everything, a google search will get you some info.

upload_2017-12-23_13-5-53.png

Those those windsurfers work great. I have one I use on my P3A. Just make sure you're pointed in the general direction of the aircraft.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi Charlie, Firebridge is a company that heavily mods the original with some pretty high end gear to increase its capability, it ain't cheap but...

Here is a picture of a Firebridge modded RC, they sell whole packages that includes everything, a google search will get you some info.

View attachment 92494
Is it done to an DJI controller? Or a whole new controller? Will it work with the Phantom 3 SE?
Thank for the info.

Most of these companies will take your controler and mod it, I don't know enough about this stuff to speak intelligently, you may nned to do some research to see. I would stay away from Firebridge from Drone World, best to look at the DBS mods from people like MaXX UAV.

Is it done to an DJI controller? Or a whole new controller? Will it work with the Phantom 3 SE?
Thank for the info.
No, it won't work with P3S or P3SE. Those are DJI's low end drones that use Wifi for communications instead of Lightbridge. You'll need a P3A or P3P to get Lightbridge support, but don't waste money on the Firebridge IMO, very expensive. The battery in a P3 can't go 4mi and be useful. You can easily go 3 miles with a $15 windsurfer on a P3A or P3P, which the battery can handle for distance.

Their Firebridge controllers are modified DJI controllers. In their YouTube video They claim to have embedded booster amps inside the RC, powered by the battery in the RC, and added a cooling fan to the bottom of the RC. I live 1 mile from Drone World, and I wanted to talk to them about their implementation, but they do not allow walk-ins or face to face contact and discussion, so that's telling. Their prices have been notoriously high on Itelite antenna setups, and they won't even discuss their products on the phone. They seem shady, from their actions, as if they have something to hide. I wish this forum would quit advertising for them because they don't seem worthy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick1964
No, it won't work with P3S or P3SE. Those are DJI's low end drones that use Wifi for communications instead of Lightbridge. You'll need a P3A or P3P to get Lightbridge support, but don't waste money on the Firebridge IMO, very expensive. The battery in a P3 can't go 4mi and be useful. You can easily go 3 miles with a $15 windsurfer on a P3A or P3P, which the battery can handle for distance.
Thank u!

What in the the world is a wind surfer?

i was wondering what that was also

This is a windsurfer below, which was the original name of the device when it was designed. These work great. For $15 or less, they are the best value of anything on the market. I estimate they provide about 75% of the range extension as $110 Itelite DBS2 kit, which are great antennas, but a little more bulky. These devices are compact, they simply slip on the stock antenna, a fold-able parabolic dish (AKA Windsurfer) that's easy to pack. The beauty of this device is if you want an omni-directional RC and not worry about pointing the RC antenna at the craft, and you're within VLOS, then just don't install it. Other times when you're going to fly more than a mile away, just slip it on and aim it at the craft, which increases range to almost double, versus without the windsurfer. Although Itelite antennas are great, it's a little more effort to convert your RC to an omni-directional RC. To do that you buy a couple of omni-directional antenna's (~$30 for a pair) and screw them on, and removing the Itelite clip on panel.

41aaTecUZBL.jpg

Looks mean. What range are you getting in comparison to stock?
I have not tested for distance. The Atlas is more for stability around noise and interference. There are a few videos. I think the Cyclone version is made for distance. I'm sure that my range has increased as well

Reactions: Solly747400
Go with the Titan, especially if you have more then one drone. I switch the antenna back and forth between the Mavic, and the P4P. Where I fly are trees. The Titan will let fly as far as you want, if you are at the right height. The first question I ask when talking range is how high where you. With the leaves off the trees, I get go penetration.

Go with the Titan, especially if you have more then one drone. I switch the antenna back and forth between the Mavic, and the P4P. Where I fly are trees. The Titan will let fly as far as you want, if you are at the right height. The first question I ask when talking range is how high where you. With the leaves off the trees, I get go penetration.
Thanks Anhorage. I'm waiting for the wind to die down abit, then I can test the stock range of my new (used) P4P. If I can get 5kms, I don't think I'll bother with external antennas, we'll see. 'll keep you guys posted

Reactions: frankj64155
Solly. Are you flying on flat, open ground?

Solly. Are you flying on flat, open ground?
I live in a horticultural area. I have lots of vines, eh some trees and not really many houses (probably spaced around 200-300m apart)

With my stock P3S (before I sold it) I got around 900m before I started playing with antennas and ended up getting 3.2kms lol

EDIT: ....and I'm actually pretty high. I always say that if my house ever gets flooded, my whole town will be underwater

just got firebridge installed and its better than i even thought. ive been flying this p4s for 2 years and its a whole new bird now. its on sale now at drone world installed for $250 if you call them and get the 20% off code or i can look through my emails and find it for you if your interested but i cant say enough about how much better my reception is. i have been flying into areas and out far for the last year and am used to the issues of signals and no question firebridge works great. BTW i was able to cut the foam in my aftermarket case to fit the remote in sideways so no problem. im sure Maxx with the external battery is more powerfull and may be a little better for some applications like max distance straight out but wholly crap firebridge is a big upgrade from those reflectors

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures