Raindrops

Reaction score
Was flying recently. When returned back drone had some waterdrops on it. Not much but couple. I immediately put a heater on in the car and turned drone around it with vents towards heater.
Can couple of drops damage drone?

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Same thing happened to me. I was flying out over a lake was about 2 miles out and I saw several drops hit the lens. I flew back immediatly landed let the drone dry for a few hours. I have flown it several times since. I don't think a couple drops will do any harm.

Was flying recently. When returned back drone had some waterdrops on it. Not much but couple. I immediately put a heater on in the car and turned drone around it with vents towards heater.
Can couple of drops damage drone?

Just to be clear, water isn't good for the aircraft. That said, I dont think a couple drops will hurt. I've flown through thick fog and the aircraft has come back soaking wet, i towel dried it off and had no issues. I also was on a long distance flight without camera and ended up flying 14 minutes back in a hard rain, I'm talking a downpour! I thought it was going down for sure, it came back but was literally dripping wet but landed. I dried it off took it home and let it dry out, flew it the next day never had any issues. These things are durable. Just try to keep it outa the rivers and lakes your used to, your gonna have fun :)

Few rain drops here there will not hurt the aircraft but advices to fly dry.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've had the AC being caught in a shower, not that heavy, but I must admit I really went into one and brought it back as fast as possible. But as others have stated, it was absolutely fine.

You can fly on a foggy day and end up with a lot of condensation to the point it will appear as if you flew in the rain. Or depending on air temp in this situation end up with a ice build up on your aircraft.

Btw, good idea to stay clear of snow also. The motors will run hot enough to melt snow should you land in it or near when it is dry like powder.

WOW WOW WOW that is AWSOME, now I can't wait till it gets foggy again so I can try that. Great job[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Hellofly
I was lucky enough to fly above the fog while camping on Lake Superior Shoreline, and mine came back soaked as well with no ill effects.

Reactions: Hellofly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav