RageCams Modified 5.4mm Flat Lens

ResevorDG said:
The lack of distortion is great, the chromatic aberrations are a tad bit better, but not much, and the over all image quality is about the same perhaps a bit better but not much.

This pretty much sums up the ragecam mod.

I have had very good dealings with ragecam. They have always been responsive and appear to be taking care of my focus problem. No complaints about their customer service. However, the before/after images and video from their GP mods are night and day difference in quaility. Seems the FC200 is not producing the same A/B difference in quality as the GP cams are.

There is another thread in the user modifications section design with a universal mount and then another about a qx10 cam that has some ideas on camera upgrades. So I won't hijack this one too much, but after doing some rage cam research here is my current thought.

My plan is to keep using the FC200 with no mods for fun flying, (It's great for that) but for taking good quality photos I will go with a normal APS-C sensor sized wifi camera. I think I can get DLSR type quality on the P2 and spend about $700 on the camera, lens, mount and everything.
Now to work out mounts, communication, etc. :)

Thanks for all the help on my RageCam decision.

Im sure its the same lens. Pretty sure the one from ragecams is same too. If not the same very similar. I really doubt ragecams is making these themselves....

Attachments

• alibaba lens.JPG
    alibaba lens.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 430
  • ragecams.JPG
    ragecams.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 448
ResevorDG said:
There is another thread in the user modifications section design with a universal mount and then another about a qx10 cam that has some ideas on camera upgrades. So I won't hijack this one too much, but after doing some rage cam research here is my current thought.

My plan is to keep using the FC200 with no mods for fun flying, (It's great for that) but for taking good quality photos I will go with a normal APS-C sensor sized wifi camera. I think I can get DLSR type quality on the P2 and spend about $700 on the camera, lens, mount and everything.

Ive read that thread but I think further mods to the P2V may be leaning too heavy on its capabilities. Im going to install the taco supreme gimbal with the ragecam lens then I'm done with the Vision. I still have a market for the images although video is completely out of the question with a stock setup. Maybe the gimbal will give me some video to sell but that's a stretch.

The next logical move for me is hexa or octa and the ability to carry, at the very lest, a NEX. Big jump in costs overall but then you have a very marketable end result. P2V will serve as aerial photo platform only in a backup capacity and for fun flying.

MrDRC said:
ResevorDG said:

Ive read that thread but I think further mods to the P2V may be leaning too heavy on its capabilities. Im going to install the taco supreme gimbal with the ragecam lens then I'm done with the Vision. I still have a market for the images although video is completely out of the question with a stock setup. Maybe the gimbal will give me some video to sell but that's a stretch.

The next logical move for me is hexa or octa and the ability to carry, at the very lest, a NEX. Big jump in costs overall but then you have a very marketable end result. P2V will serve as aerial photo platform only in a backup capacity and for fun flying.

I paid $350 for one (that doesn't work) and $360 for one that works sometimes. Goodluck :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers