Radio interference affecting black pearl?

Reaction score
I have been noticing a drop of signal strength when I mount my black pearl monitor on top of the radio. If I placed my hand in between the monitor and radio antenna, it seems to get better. Then awesome signal when the monitor is away from the radio mounted on a tripod. I really like the idea of having the monitor with the radio. What can I do to fix that? Any suggestion?

7D5B04F7-7368-498F-9655-DB78DECF058F.jpg

Make sure the Black Pearl is on all the correct bands. You could also try getting upgraded antennas.

I have been noticing a drop of signal strength when I mount my black pearl monitor on top of the radio. If I placed my hand in between the monitor and radio antenna, it seems to get better. Then awesome signal when the monitor is away from the radio mounted on a tripod. I really like the idea of having the monitor with the radio. What can I do to fix that? Any suggestion?
your not the first person to suggest theirs a problem with the new controller & the Black Pearl, i fitted a ImmersionRC Uno as a radio receiver to get some good range back out of mine

Make sure the Black Pearl is on all the correct bands. You could also try getting upgraded antennas.

I have an immersion RC patch antenna and a spironet on the other side. But this has nothing to do with the antenna, it is simply a interference between the radio and the black pearl.

I just seen a utube video in another thread where the guy was able to clean up all that interference from the controllers antenna that was messing with the BP. ust by adding some alm foil shielding to the back of the BP

I'm actually going to try it the next nice day I get to fly to see if it can help with mine. if it does help I'm going to put some copper shielding tape inside the back cover or some shielding paint

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31